New Membership Platform: Membee

The ACD Club is rolling out a new online membership system. All ACD Club Members should have receivied an email with enrollment instructions. You will use your email address as your login, and select a new password. This account will be used to renew your membership, update membership information, and make changes to your membership record.

This account is NOT THE SAME as your current account which you use to access the ACD Website Forums. Please continue to log into the Forums with the same username and password as you have always used. In the future we may consolidate the two accounts.

Duesenberg Auction watching/ predictions

• Joel
  • Joel's Avatar Topic Author
  • ACD Club Member
  • ACD Club Member
More
20 Jan 2015 22:33 #28968 by Joel
Replied by Joel on topic Duesenberg Auction watching/ predictions
Did I miss something, or was there a complete lack of Duesenbergs at the Arizona auctions last week?

Joel Nystrom
1929 Duesenberg Model J Murphy Convertible Coupe
File Attachment:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Jan 2015 02:05 #28975 by Steve Derus
Replied by Steve Derus on topic Duesenberg Auction watching/ predictions
J562/2592 was a no sale at Barrett Jackson, high bid $700k

More
21 Jan 2015 13:09 #28978 by landmark
Replied by landmark on topic Duesenberg Auction watching/ predictions

Steve Derus wrote: J562/2592 was a no sale at Barrett Jackson, high bid $700k

Hello,

$700k for a supercharged La Grande DCP sounds not so much money for it.

Is there something "wrong" with the car, like a very poor condition or a lot of replica-parts?

Cheers

Matt

EDIT: According to B-J's car description J-562 is equiped with a recreated (replica) body http://www.barrett-jackson.com/Archive/ ... TON-180519

Was man besonders gerne tut,
ist selten ganz besonders gut

Wilhelm Busch

More
21 Jan 2015 15:27 #28980 by vintagerodshop
Replied by vintagerodshop on topic Duesenberg Auction watching/ predictions
I watched the car come up on the auction block. there just was not enough interest. I have always felt that some cars should not be sold at BJ. I also inquired into a post auction sale price. if anyone would like that number send me a PM.

The car itself was fairly nice. not to many issues that i could see. Granted that being a rebody hurts its value. it does have a interesting story on he factory switching bodies and being a factory demo car.

Kirk

More
21 Jan 2015 15:33 #28982 by vintagerodshop
Replied by vintagerodshop on topic Duesenberg Auction watching/ predictions
I watched the car come up on the auction block. there just was not enough interest. I have always felt that some cars should not be sold at BJ. I also inquired into a post auction sale price. if anyone would like that number send me a PM.

The car itself was fairly nice. not to many issues that i could see. Granted that being a rebody hurts its value. it does have a interesting story on he factory switching bodies and being a factory demo car.

Kirk

• Bob Roller
  • Frequent Forum Contributor
  • Frequent Forum Contributor
More
22 Jan 2015 15:31 #28997 by Bob Roller
Replied by Bob Roller on topic Duesenberg Auction watching/ predictions
Many of these cars are like George Washington's hatchet.The blade and handle have been replaced at least four times.Also there are better ways to spend $750,000 than on a car that can't be enjoyed the way it should be.

Bob Roller

Bob Roller

Time to create page: 0.062 seconds