New Membership Platform: Membee

The ACD Club is rolling out a new online membership system. All ACD Club Members should have receivied an email with enrollment instructions. You will use your email address as your login, and select a new password. This account will be used to renew your membership, update membership information, and make changes to your membership record.

This account is NOT THE SAME as your current account which you use to access the ACD Website Forums. Please continue to log into the Forums with the same username and password as you have always used. In the future we may consolidate the two accounts.

Gear Selector Switch Wiring

More
15 Feb 2021 12:58 #42254 by alsancle
Replied by alsancle on topic Gear Selector Switch Wiring

feedtaleone wrote: I ordered the one piece loom from RI wiring. Looks like 8-10 weeks which reminds me I should have been moving quicker earlier in the summer. Also, I ordered the fake plug from Henry Portz.

I'm aiming for the 1 year anniversary of me starting the project to be finished. I've been stalling for two weeks because I need to make the wafer to organize the wires. I have about another 8 weeks to go.

Considering we have gotten about 2 feet of snow in the last 2 weeks there isn't much hurry if driving was my aim.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Feb 2021 05:44 - 16 Feb 2021 05:48 #42269 by johnmereness
Replied by johnmereness on topic Gear Selector Switch Wiring
Sounds promising though - keep up the good work.
The real shame is that once you become an expert then your skills at such become irrelevant as your project is done.

we are having a snow storm - sounded like lightening and disregarded as being snow plows - nope, it really is thunder while snowing - as much fun as this afternoons 24 degrees and rain downpour.

JMM
Last edit: 16 Feb 2021 05:48 by johnmereness.

• mikespeed35
  • ACD Club Life Member
  • ACD Club Life Member
More
17 Feb 2021 03:53 - 17 Feb 2021 03:53 #42293 by mikespeed35
Replied by mikespeed35 on topic Gear Selector Switch Wiring
I'm sure Curt can tell stories, but suppose to be -9 tonight here in MI. tonight. If you want to shrink some metal just set it outside.
CORDiallyMike

Mike Huffman
Last edit: 17 Feb 2021 03:53 by mikespeed35.

More
17 Feb 2021 12:57 #42298 by alsancle

mikespeed35 wrote: I'm sure Curt can tell stories, but suppose to be -9 tonight here in MI. tonight. If you want to shrink some metal just set it outside.
CORDiallyMike

The AACA forum has that great thread on where a car guy should retire to. My only contribution was "Not Massachusetts".

January here was clear, dry and 35-40 degrees and I worked in the yard every day. In fact, I drove cars around early in the month. Feb has had 4 snow storms and temps near zero at night.

More
24 Feb 2021 23:46 #42411 by alsancle
I made my wire spacer from fish paper. It was .010 thick so I had to make 3 and glue them together to get what felt like the right stiffness. I didn't do the steam part to make a lip. I do need to make the center hole larger than this picture as I can get shift shaft to catch .
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: 1748 S

• Terry Cockerell
  • Terry Cockerell's Avatar Topic Author
  • Frequent Forum Contributor
  • Frequent Forum Contributor
More
25 Feb 2021 00:14 #42412 by Terry Cockerell
Replied by Terry Cockerell on topic Gear Selector Switch Wiring
These days any non conductive material would be ok to use, even a piece cut from the top of an ice cream container ...................... which reminds me, mine didn't have one so I will have to go back and open it up again.

T cockerell

Time to create page: 0.150 seconds