New Membership Platform: Membee

The ACD Club is rolling out a new online membership system. All ACD Club Members should have receivied an email with enrollment instructions. You will use your email address as your login, and select a new password. This account will be used to renew your membership, update membership information, and make changes to your membership record.

This account is NOT THE SAME as your current account which you use to access the ACD Website Forums. Please continue to log into the Forums with the same username and password as you have always used. In the future we may consolidate the two accounts.

TIP NEEDED! - REPAIRING A CORD DOOR "PIANO" HINGE

More
23 Jul 2008 04:20 #10794 by hportz
Bill, At the moment it doesn't look like I am going to make it to Auburn this year, but I still hope. Thanks , 31631F Henry

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Bill Hummel
  • Bill Hummel's Avatar Topic Author
  • ACD Club Past President
More
23 Jul 2008 17:02 #10799 by Bill Hummel
Replied by Bill Hummel on topic TIP NEEDED! - REPAIRING A CORD DOOR "PIANO" HINGE

GIVNER wrote: BILL,

Now that you figured it out, you don't have to second guess Henry.

I am nothing without Henry Portz. He told me exactly what to do and I did it. Now the doors hang correctly and are very sturdy.

I was very lucky to find a dozen 30" long 1/4" drillbits on eBay. After I found a machine shop to striaghten the hinges, they over reamed the hinges to 1/4" using my bit. Then they inserted a larger hinge pin and it really has made all the difference in the world.

I have extra 30" long drillbits. If anyone needs one, I will send them one.

More
31 Jul 2008 03:14 #10892 by hportz
Bill , I purchased my air tickets to go to Auburn today. See you & all my other friends in Auburn ! 31361F Henry

• Bill Hummel
  • Bill Hummel's Avatar Topic Author
More
01 Aug 2008 04:14 #10903 by Bill Hummel
Replied by Bill Hummel on topic TIP NEEDED! - REPAIRING A CORD DOOR "PIANO" HINGE
Glad to hear that Henry! It isn't quite the same when you don't show up.

See you in a few weeks.

More
17 Feb 2020 22:41 #39524 by Jamesbondo
Replied by Jamesbondo on topic TIP NEEDED! - REPAIRING A CORD DOOR "PIANO" HINGE
Where did you get those bits?

Time to create page: 0.061 seconds