Skip to main content

Ray Exton's Cord Westchester Project Update

More
10 Feb 2006 10:18 #4355 by RayCord
Replied by RayCord on topic Dental putty
The dental putty used was Dental Lab Putty (as used to make dentures) - the actual brand was Coltrene Lab Putty.

Cords in South Africa - visit my website: www.cordinsa.visible.co.za

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Mike Dube
  • Registered
More
05 Feb 2006 20:20 #4332 by Mike Dube
Replied by Mike Dube on topic Ray Exton's Cord Westchester Project Update
Looks like a beautiful job Ray! You'll have her roadworthy before too long now. Those wheels seem to be a "reasonable facsimile" for the originals.

Mike
8-100A

• 1930 Jordan
  • Senior Forum User
  • Registered
More
04 Feb 2006 08:45 #4319 by 1930 Jordan
Replied by 1930 Jordan on topic what product used
What Kind of dental plastic did you use for your shifter arm?? My dad has his own dental lab, and I think that I to may able to use this stuff for some items on my car. It is a x-brand--a Jordan 1930. Also how well do you think that it will hold up to use, your shift lever??

1930 Jordan"G" line 90,1953 Plymouth,1951 Chrysler Saratoga,1975 Dart,1974 Schwinn Collgate,1978 Schwinn Continental,1971 Honda 500"4",1973 Honda 350"twin",1975 Honda 500"twin",1955 Norton,1988 Honda Shadow custom,05 crossfire roadster.

• Picture Gallery
  • Topic Author
  • Banned
  • Registered
More
25 Jan 2006 11:28 #4290 by Picture Gallery
Ray Exton's Cord Westchester Project Update was created by Picture Gallery
Here are the latest pics of my Westchester ? showing the now painted shifter arm that we moulded from dental plastic, & other fabricated bits & pieces. The wiring is now completed and all the lights & electrical goodies work. A replica of the radio is now in place ? looks like the real thing although it doesn?t work.

The hood has now been fitted with the latch mechanism, stay etc ? geez it is a heavy piece of metal that hood!

I am waiting for the temperature gauge which will be fitted with green, orange & red LED lights instead of the mercury/liquid. They are linked to a computer chip and circuit board that lights up the different colors depending on the temperature. Also busy fabricating a stainless steel fuel tank.

It?s really starting to look like the real deal now ? can?t wait to get it on the road.

Cheers, Ray

MORE PICTURES