New Membership Platform: Membee

The ACD Club is rolling out a new online membership system. All ACD Club Members should have receivied an email with enrollment instructions. You will use your email address as your login, and select a new password. This account will be used to renew your membership, update membership information, and make changes to your membership record.

This account is NOT THE SAME as your current account which you use to access the ACD Website Forums. Please continue to log into the Forums with the same username and password as you have always used. In the future we may consolidate the two accounts.

Cord 810 photo in Huntington Library, Pasadena, California

• Terry Cockerell
  • Frequent Forum Contributor
  • Frequent Forum Contributor
More
24 Dec 2021 20:58 #44560 by Terry Cockerell
A wonderful set of pictures of an ultra modern Art Deco house complemented by the equally ultra modern Cord. It is amazing what is tucked away in libraries.

T cockerell
The following user(s) said Thank You: danslos

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Jan 2022 04:22 - 06 Jan 2022 04:27 #44625 by johnmereness
Best we stick with Jeannette

JMM
Attachments:
Last edit: 06 Jan 2022 04:27 by johnmereness.

More
07 Jan 2022 00:52 #44635 by danslos
Yeah, I decided to leave that one alone since we already had a good photo of the car.

Not that Arthur Cernitz isn't a fascinating guy. I get the sense he was something of a huckster if not a full-on con artist. He arrived in Los Angeles claiming to be  "heir to the throne of the principality of Burkovina [sic] in the former kingdom of Austria Hungary." For at least a few months in 1936, he advertised a patent medicine called Mazadyne that I suspect was a sham.

I posted a few more nuggets about Mr. Cernitz here.

Time to create page: 0.699 seconds