Skip to main content

Building miniature of 1934 Duesenberg SJ Torpedo-Phaeton - need some help

• 1748 S
  • Platinum Forum User
  • Registered
More
31 Jul 2018 20:57 #35128 by 1748 S
Your correct about the large head lights. The other smaller light in front center is a driving light. Its moveable with the turning of the front tires left or right. Its design is to follow the road. Some cars had two of these lights on the same action. It appears this car has rear view mirrors on the dual side mount tires.The drivers side appears to have a spot light too. The cowl lights are the smaller lights at the far end of the hood where it meets the firewall. I do not know when or how they work but probably operate when the head lights come on.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• maachay
  • Topic Author
  • Non-Member
  • Registered
More
31 Jul 2018 05:59 #35124 by maachay
Hello everyone!

I'm a scale modeller and I recently got an interesting model kit of 1934 Duesenberg SJ Torpedo-Phaeton. It's a model in 1:24 scale produced in 70's so the model kit is already quite antique. The kit itself looks like this:

As usual, I'm trying to make the model a little bit more interesting by adding some lights. Like I did with this Dodge Challenger for example: -> here <-

For Duesenberg though, I find it difficult to figure out what lights have what function so I'm hoping someone with such knowledge could help me.
Taking as a reference this picture:

I can list the following lights:
1. The most obvious ones - headlights. However, do they have only one mode or more like present cars (high-beam, low-beam, parking, other?)
2. Middle front light - what is the purpose of this one? Fog light, high-beam?
3. Small lights near spare wheels - are these turn signals?
4. Bigger lights near windshield - what are these then?
5. Taillights - are they also turn signals? What about stop lights - do they also play this role?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.