Stromberg UUR 2 Carburetors

More
01 Jul 2018 03:18 #34884 by Dave M
Dave M created the topic: Stromberg UUR 2 Carburetors
Hi
Does anybody have any experience with this Carb ? Or can you provide setup/adjustment procedure ?
Thanks
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Jul 2018 11:32 #34994 by pgb123
pgb123 replied the topic: Stromberg UUR 2 Carburetors
I have a 1929 Studebaker President which uses the Stromberg UU2 carb. The service manual describes a pretty lengthy method of adjusting the carb.
I was a small engine and tractor mechanic for years and have found the basic settings of small engines to work on the UU2. I carefully turn in and botton out both idle adjustments. DO NOT over tighten or you will damage the adjustment needle. Turn out the screws 1 1/2 out.
The fuel pump accelerator needs to be bottom out and turned 1 1/2 out. These are basic settings. Start the engine and let it warm up. Turn in the idle screws if running too rich. Turn both idle screws in very slowly and stop. Let the engine settle as the adjustment will be some where in the 1 1/4 range.
The same for the accelorator pump. It will be about 1 1/4 turns out. Give it the gas and see how it sounds. Do not get carried away and to a 1/4 turn each adjustment. Go Slow. If you email me with your address, I will send you the adjustment proceedure. Also, I use high test fuel and add marvel mystery oil. These early engines run better on a high test fuel. Hope this helps

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Joe Holderman
Time to create page: 0.044 seconds