Skip to main content

Cars in Atlanta or Chicago(?)

• Duesey
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
16 Nov 2003 08:08 #985 by Duesey
Replied by Duesey on topic Re: vintage auto's

balinwire wrote: Duesey,

After observing the average 19 year old, they seem more interested in how loud the audio systems in there vehicles will boom.

Oh, don?t let me forget to mention the current popularity of nitrous bottles to hop up horsepower and glitter paint & bondo with 3 gallons of clear coat.

After the other kids put twenty thousand dollars into a twenty thousand dollar used car, they might have had a collector car for that kind of money.

When Ab Jenkins is your hero you are definitely going in the correct direction.

Too true. I am lost on what the rest of my generation is doing. When people mention nitous oxide, I don't say how cool it is, but how interseting the history of it is (how it was first used to give WWII fighters a little extra power), and dumping $20 grand into a $15K car is beyond me. Personally, if I was going to spend $35 grand on cars, I'd get a $15 car for most of the time, and a pre WWII car for the rest of the time!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• balinwire
  • Premium Forum User
  • Registered
More
09 Nov 2003 18:54 #964 by balinwire
Replied by balinwire on topic vintage auto's
Duesey,

After observing the average 19 year old, they seem more interested in how loud the audio systems in there vehicles will boom.

Oh, don?t let me forget to mention the current popularity of nitrous bottles to hop up horsepower and glitter paint & bondo with 3 gallons of clear coat.

After the other kids put twenty thousand dollars into a twenty thousand dollar used car, they might have had a collector car for that kind of money.

When Ab Jenkins is your hero you are definitely going in the correct direction.

?When the socket starts to slip, better stop before it strips.?
Quote, balin? 2003 :^)

• Bill Hummel
  • ACD Club Past President
  • Registered
More
07 Nov 2003 23:55 #962 by Bill Hummel
Replied by Bill Hummel on topic Where to see ACD Cars
We regularly have ACD Club events all over the country. There will be upcoming events posted in the EVENTS AND MEETS area.

Until the real cars come by, look in the PICTURE GALLERY. We are starting to get a lot of pictures online.

We're glad you like the cars of the 20's and 30's. They cause quite a stir wherever they go!

Welcome to the ACD Club website!

• Duesey
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
07 Nov 2003 07:55 #961 by Duesey
Cars in Atlanta or Chicago(?) was created by Duesey
I am a young (19) pre-WWII (especially ACD) car fan, and being one of both small means and big desires, I always love seeing the rare site of a beautiful old car. Does anyone here have any recommendations as to where a person like me could see some of these cars? I have been to all the Concours I can (Meadowbrook Hall and Pebble Beach, both twice), but something needs to hold me over for the other 11 months of the year! Until I can afford something for the Cord Corp., this is the most I can ask for. Thanks in advance, and I only wish more people my age loved these cars with the passion I do!