cars in Great Gatsby movie 2013

• West Peterson
  • Frequent Forum Contributor
More
18 Apr 2013 13:08 #25039 by West Peterson
West Peterson replied the topic:

silverghost wrote: Not much of a DeCaprio fan ~~~
He seems to be far to young an actor for the movie parts he seems to play in my opinion.
Howard Hughes, Herbert Hoover, etc~
He is still in fact a young actor~

How old of an actor would you prefer? You mentioned the man that FSF based the story on retired in his early 40s.
In regard to Hughes, he was 37 when WWII broke out in 1942, and just 23 when he directed his first movie.
Perhaps he was too young to play Hoover. I didn't see the movie so I don't know what period in his life it took place. I have to strongly disagree with you about the other two.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Apr 2013 14:41 #25040 by Steve Derus
Steve Derus replied the topic:
There was another film version starring Robert Redford and Mia Farrow. If I recall correctly they used a yellow Rolls phaeton in that one.

More
20 Apr 2013 22:25 #25047 by johnmereness
johnmereness replied the topic:
Drove an unrestored Packard Yellow 1935 V-12 Convertible Sedan (with the top down) across Dayton on Wednesday (in 5:00 rush hour traffic) and people nearly fell out of their cars looking - nothing beats the statement of Americans and their big yellow circus wagons !

And, imagine the impact that it had in 1935 with its Santa Barbara Peach farmer owner behind the wheel.

JMM

• silverghost
More
21 Apr 2013 02:52 #25053 by silverghost
silverghost replied the topic:

West Peterson wrote:

silverghost wrote: Not much of a DeCaprio fan ~~~
He seems to be far to young an actor for the movie parts he seems to play in my opinion.
Howard Hughes, Herbert Hoover, etc~
He is still in fact a young actor~

How old of an actor would you prefer? You mentioned the man that FSF based the story on retired in his early 40s.
In regard to Hughes, he was 37 when WWII broke out in 1942, and just 23 when he directed his first movie.
Perhaps he was too young to play Hoover. I didn't see the movie so I don't know what period in his life it took place. I have to strongly disagree with you about the other two.

West~~~
Just MY opinion here about DeCaprio beig too young for these roles..

The Hoover film plot traced Hoovers FBI life unti his death.

The Hughes film's plot took place mostly in the after WW II era with the giant wood "Spruce Goose" transport seaplane, TWA airlines & Pam AM fight, Congressional hearings etc. and his early signs of mental illness & possible onset dementia.

The fictional Great Gatsby was based on a composite of several of F. Scott Fitzgeralds super wealthy society friends~~~ not just one person.

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. BRAD HUNTER Huntingdon Valley Pa/Ocean City NJ 215 947 4676 Engineer & RE Developer Brass & Classic Auto, Antique Boat, Mechanical Automatic Music Machine, & Jukebox Collector

• Bob Roller
More
21 Apr 2013 17:21 #25057 by Bob Roller
Bob Roller replied the topic: Gatsby
I remember seeing the original version that had Duesenbergs in it but that was many moons ago. The last movie we went to see and paid to see it was "Red Tails",a story of the Tuskeege airmen. I never really knew if Gatsby was fact or fiction or a composite character.

Bob Roller

Bob Roller

• silverghost
More
25 May 2013 07:46 #25220 by silverghost
silverghost replied the topic:
Has anyone here seen this Great Gatsby movie yet?

My backyard neighbor's daughter said that they used out of place modern Hip~Hop rap "Music" through the entire movie !
WHY ? ? ?

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. BRAD HUNTER Huntingdon Valley Pa/Ocean City NJ 215 947 4676 Engineer & RE Developer Brass & Classic Auto, Antique Boat, Mechanical Automatic Music Machine, & Jukebox Collector

Moderators: Joe Holderman
Time to create page: 0.126 seconds