Skip to main content

Also Curious About LaGrande SJ Phaeton

• Day Krolik
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
20 Jul 2007 01:45 #7551 by Day Krolik
Replied by Day Krolik on topic Also Curious About LaGrande SJ Phaeton
Thanks so much! Do you know if there is a picture of it anywhere on the net?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• RandyEma
  • Duesenberg Historian
  • Registered
More
19 Jul 2007 03:29 #7547 by RandyEma
Replied by RandyEma on topic Also Curious About LaGrande SJ Phaeton
Hello The car you are talking about is sn 2283 J261 supercharged La Grande dual cowl phaeton is now in a collection in Texas where it has been since 1978. Randy Ema

• Day Krolik
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
18 Jul 2007 23:04 #7546 by Day Krolik
Also Curious About LaGrande SJ Phaeton was created by Day Krolik
By coincidence, I am also curious about a Duesenberg I remember. When growing up in Detroit I was fortunate enough to have a good friend whose father, who was a good friend of my father, owned a LaGrande dual-cowl SJ Phaeton ( it was definitely supercharged). As a young automotive enthusiast, I was fascinated by the car, which I absolutely had to see whenever I visited my friend. The car was used with some regularity, and I remember the thrill of riding in it. It was owned by the late Alfred Davock of Birmingham, Michigan, until he sold it, in good but unrestored condition, in the late '60s or early '70s ( when I was in college). It was black with yellow in the front when Mr. Davock owned it. As I recollect ( I could be wrong) it was built in 1929 and used at the factory until being rebodied and sold in 1935. I also have a vague recollection (which also might be wrong) that it was sold to someone in New England. I know there were not many such cars and would very much appreciate it if anyone could give me some hint as to the current status/whereabouts of my childhood icon.