Skip to main content

Advice needed on finding History of Cord L-29

• tboboy
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
22 Mar 2009 18:50 #13001 by tboboy
Thank you very much Mike. I will pass that info to my relatives. The car is in RIGA, Latvia right now.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• mikespeed35
  • ACD Club Life Member
  • Registered
More
22 Mar 2009 01:47 #12998 by mikespeed35
Replied by mikespeed35 on topic Advice needed on finding History of Cord L-29
I forgot to respond to your value question. If it was purchased by auction and you can tell me what auction and the date, I might have info on how much it sold for at that time. As far as value is concerned that is not possible to tell with the information you gave. It could be any where from $25,000 to $125,000 for a perfect needing nothing car.
CORDially Mike

Mike Huffman

• mikespeed35
  • ACD Club Life Member
  • Registered
More
22 Mar 2009 01:36 #12997 by mikespeed35
Replied by mikespeed35 on topic Advice needed on finding History of Cord L-29
The information I have on the car 2926152 is it had engine no. FD1475. It is a sedan and was built in Oct. 1929. The car was owned by Gary Vick from 1980's to 1995 and then by McGowan. Have no history after that.
CORDially Mike

Mike Huffman

• jhcarlady
  • ACD Club Life Member
  • Registered
More
21 Mar 2009 20:05 #12993 by jhcarlady
Replied by jhcarlady on topic Advice needed on finding History of Cord L-29
You need to give more information. How long has it been out of the US. Do you know any previous owners names and states, etc.

We were able track some of the History of our car because the car was modified and we knew a couple of the previous owners. It was easily recognizable in pictures because of the modifications. Lucky for us, one of the previous owners took lots of pictures, wrote letters and saved the information...and passed it on to one of the club Historians.

jhcarlady/
Joan Huffman

• tboboy
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
21 Mar 2009 00:24 #12985 by tboboy
Hi there guys.
I did some searching on this forum but didnt find any help. Can someone help me with finding a history of this car in US CORD L-29)? The car is in Europe now. But my relatives wanted to know the US history before they try to sell the car. And also how much approximately would the car like that in all original condition go for? Thanks in advance

CORD - L 29
Model = S
Serial No = 2926152
Engine No = F 147

Any help is appreciated.