New Membership Platform: Membee

The ACD Club is rolling out a new online membership system. All ACD Club Members should have receivied an email with enrollment instructions. You will use your email address as your login, and select a new password. This account will be used to renew your membership, update membership information, and make changes to your membership record.

This account is NOT THE SAME as your current account which you use to access the ACD Website Forums. Please continue to log into the Forums with the same username and password as you have always used. In the future we may consolidate the two accounts.

Rocker Panels- Convertible vs Westchester

More
20 Jun 2020 14:18 #40391 by uconn_1965
Replied by uconn_1965 on topic Rocker Panels- Convertible vs Westchester
I can agree with Jim. A lot of the parts cars that I’ve had, the curved area on the rear rocket sill at the bottom of the doors are “loaded” with lead . Never really measured but many were easily 1” or more thick.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Jun 2020 20:48 #40394 by 1748 S
Replied by 1748 S on topic Rocker Panels- Convertible vs Westchester
Terry I bet the extra door skins were a surprise finding during your body restoration. Now I'm going to be looking closely at my doors for this too.

Gary Parsons

More
21 Jun 2020 20:39 #40397 by uconn_1965
Replied by uconn_1965 on topic Rocker Panels- Convertible vs Westchester
Another observation of mine is that some of the original body panels were welded together and were pretty crude. However the guys who did the body lead work were real craftsman. Many of the lead joints were “wiped” expertly, and many area of lead show no file marks. For some of your old school body men out there, you know what I’m talking about.

Time to create page: 0.052 seconds