Skip to main content

Understanding Josh Malks Shift Schematic

• alsancle
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
10 May 2020 15:36 #40142 by alsancle
Replied by alsancle on topic Understanding Josh Malks Shift Schematic

JIM.OBRIEN wrote: Hi AJ, Give me a call or email me and I will walk you thru the troubleshooting. I'm in the club directory.

Start by putting the switch in first or reverse and see if there is power at the #8 wire on the solenoid.
Jim

Thanks. My dad and I will be back on it tomorrow, so I'll try you then.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• JIM.OBRIEN
  • Premium Forum User
  • Registered
More
10 May 2020 15:13 #40139 by JIM.OBRIEN
Replied by JIM.OBRIEN on topic Understanding Josh Malks Shift Schematic
Hi AJ, Give me a call or email me and I will walk you thru the troubleshooting. I'm in the club directory.

Start by putting the switch in first or reverse and see if there is power at the #8 wire on the solenoid.
Jim
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jonathan Richards, 1748 S

• alsancle
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
09 May 2020 22:06 #40137 by alsancle
Attached is a copy of Josh's redrawn shift schematic (originally drawn by Reg C. Taverner, in the 50s). This is super helpful but I have a rather dumb question. Our issue is the interlock switch moving the horizontal shaft to either the L or R position. If I manually put the transmission in either R, or 1st/4th it will move to the middle for 2nd/3rd. I suspect the issue is in the selector switch, but would like to methodically work my way back. Could someone explain using a test light how I can use the box in the lower left corner of the diagram to diagnose the interlock switch? I feel stupid, but I'm not sure I understand what "connection between switch points" means has far as voltage at the contact.
Thanks! A.J.

This browser does not support PDFs. Please download the PDF to view it: Download PDF