New Membership Platform: Membee

The ACD Club is rolling out a new online membership system. All ACD Club Members should have receivied an email with enrollment instructions. You will use your email address as your login, and select a new password. This account will be used to renew your membership, update membership information, and make changes to your membership record.

This account is NOT THE SAME as your current account which you use to access the ACD Website Forums. Please continue to log into the Forums with the same username and password as you have always used. In the future we may consolidate the two accounts.

Radio Speaker Grill Cloth

• wynlaidig
  • ACD Club Life Member
  • ACD Club Life Member
More
03 Jul 2021 18:41 #43446 by wynlaidig
Replied by wynlaidig on topic Radio Speaker Grill Cloth
Unfortunately speaker cloth is not available anywhere. The cloth in the one radio I had looked good, but actually when I took everything apart it sort of disintegrated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Terry Cockerell
  • Terry Cockerell's Avatar Topic Author
  • Frequent Forum Contributor
  • Frequent Forum Contributor
More
04 Jul 2021 09:33 #43449 by Terry Cockerell
Replied by Terry Cockerell on topic Radio Speaker Grill Cloth
Wyn there is a large variety of vintage radio grill cloths out there but nothing identical to yours. That is why I settled for the gold cloth ................ which is kinda similar to the faded original cloth in Rick Hulett's picture.
It is a case of near enough has to be good enough.

T cockerell

More
08 Jul 2021 01:20 #43469 by balinwire
Replied by balinwire on topic Radio Speaker Grill Cloth
I cannot locate any similar cloth, could it have been clothing fabric with Auburns budget? Here is a radio restoration link, similar to 6v vehicles so there it not so much shock hazard. I like the idea of saving and reusing capacitor hulls.
www.nutsvolts.com/magazine/article/June2015_Koebel
The following user(s) said Thank You: 1748 S

Time to create page: 0.121 seconds