New Membership Platform: Membee

The ACD Club is rolling out a new online membership system. All ACD Club Members should have receivied an email with enrollment instructions. You will use your email address as your login, and select a new password. This account will be used to renew your membership, update membership information, and make changes to your membership record.

This account is NOT THE SAME as your current account which you use to access the ACD Website Forums. Please continue to log into the Forums with the same username and password as you have always used. In the future we may consolidate the two accounts.

Gear Selector Switch Wiring

More
01 Dec 2018 21:06 #36051 by johnmereness
Replied by johnmereness on topic Gear Selector Switch Wiring
As a sidnote - I have successfully repaired a few pieces of Bakelite with 3M panel adhesive that they use to "weld" replacement sheet metal panels onto new cars - you just need a clean mating surface and plenty time and patience. - my point being try your best and if something goes wrong do not give up hope. Also, I have at times stripped the woven coating off of certain places in light connectors and --- you still have the PVC coating to protect and that extra space is a real blessing at times.

JMM
The following user(s) said Thank You: 1748 S

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 May 2020 21:56 #40136 by alsancle
Replied by alsancle on topic Gear Selector Switch Wiring
Is anybody making a new improved selector switch? I'm working with my dad tracing his shifting problems, and the issue is electrical in either the interlock or the selector switch. Would like to have a new one in my hands before we take it apart.

• JIM.OBRIEN
  • Frequent Forum Contributor
More
10 May 2020 15:15 #40140 by JIM.OBRIEN
Replied by JIM.OBRIEN on topic Gear Selector Switch Wiring
If the problem is the interlock switch on the cross shift change it out to a modern micro switches. They are a lot easier to set up. Pat Leahy has them.

More
10 May 2020 15:34 #40141 by alsancle
Replied by alsancle on topic Gear Selector Switch Wiring

JIM.OBRIEN wrote: If the problem is the interlock switch on the cross shift change it out to a modern micro switches. They are a lot easier to set up. Pat Leahy has them.

Thanks. I saw that and sent him a PM yesterday. I'll buy one regardless. It looks like our car already has a non original replacement of some sort.

More
12 May 2020 02:57 #40153 by 1748 S
Replied by 1748 S on topic Gear Selector Switch Wiring
I found this in my files today. Its surprising how these selector switches are made. Enjoy.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: alsancle

• JIM.OBRIEN
More
12 May 2020 12:19 #40155 by JIM.OBRIEN
Replied by JIM.OBRIEN on topic Gear Selector Switch Wiring
That's a repop not an original.

Time to create page: 0.119 seconds