• 1748 S
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Forum User
  • Registered
More
20 Jul 2015 18:38 #29939 by 1748 S
Replied by 1748 S on topic Re: Fog Lamps & Heater
Interesting information Mike. Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• mikespeed35
  • ACD Club Life Member
  • Registered
More
16 Jul 2015 04:16 #29907 by mikespeed35
Replied by mikespeed35 on topic Re: Fog Lamps & Heater
Most of the time all options due is make a potential to deduct points not add. Case in point. L-29 Cord with no trunk, full points. L-29 with a trunk but not exactly correct, deduction.
Cordially Mike

Mike Huffman

• 1748 S
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Forum User
  • Registered
More
15 Jul 2015 21:24 #29905 by 1748 S
Dave I have read it both ways about the heaters being aftermarket but I recall they were an accessory from the factory too. So to be positive at this time I can not. What definitely would help is to actually see a factory accessory book of all the items that the factory offered. I was once told the exhaust cutout was only available on the 2 door cars but not on any sedans. Then I was told they were also available on the sedans. If judging was my goal I would include this option just for the added points. Thats not my plan to winning best of show but to someday have my car judged. Winning isn't everything. Driving a Cord is everything no matter what condition its in.

• Visitor
15 Jul 2015 14:41 #29901 by
Replied by on topic Re: Fog Lamps & Heater
Don't I recall that initially Cords didn't come with heaters? Seems that an aftermarket switch would have to have been used, placed anywhere you like if your Cord is in that category. Just me, from the peanut gallery.

• 1748 S
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Forum User
  • Registered
More
15 Jul 2015 14:22 #29899 by 1748 S

Red Brick wrote: My fog lamps have been integrated with the headlamp switch. The first stop activates the fogs, and the second one turns off the fogs and lights the headlamps.

As for the heater, my heater control is on the lower right front of the dash in the cutout of the engine-turned dash panel. I'll bet Josh Malks' book shows the correct position for the heater control.

Thanks for the great explanation on the fog lamps. Had never thought about wiring them into the headlight switch. As for the heater switch and the Josh Malks Cord Complete.. that's something I have wanted for a long time now. I will have it one day.

• Red Brick
  • Registered
More
15 Jul 2015 05:09 #29896 by Red Brick
Replied by Red Brick on topic Re: Fog Lamps & Heater
My fog lamps have been integrated with the headlamp switch. The first stop activates the fogs, and the second one turns off the fogs and lights the headlamps.

As for the heater, my heater control is on the lower right front of the dash in the cutout of the engine-turned dash panel. I'll bet Josh Malks' book shows the correct position for the heater control.

• 1748 S
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Forum User
  • Registered
More
15 Jul 2015 00:05 #29889 by 1748 S
Fog Lamps & Heater was created by 1748 S
When a Cord is equipped with both fog lamps and a heater where were the switches placed on the dash? Anyone have a pic of original switches? I have a couple of switches for my heater but am wondering what is a correct type. Sadly I can't post pics at this time. I have no idea if the site problem is me or the actual site we are using is experiencing some growing issues. I really do like the new site.