Skip to main content

Cord 810/812 Restoration Guidelines

• 1748 S
  • Platinum Forum User
  • Registered
More
13 Jul 2015 17:43 #29876 by 1748 S
Replied by 1748 S on topic Re: Cord 810/812 Restoration Guidelines
In the back of the 2015 2016 Membership Directory is all you could ask for. Everything is listed that can or will be judged on the Cord cars. It tells you what the highest possible score is for a particular piece of the car. Its very well written too. It was a lifetime of work putting this together and to think just one person could be thanks for this is not possible. I recall it was many Cord owners who are very well respected in the club. Supposedly now a car can be judged here and sold site unseen with a score so the new owner wont be "surprised" when they actually see their car. This is how several car marks judging is done. Might be Corvette was the first to use this judging method but not sure on that. This new to me information is really helping me with my Cord restoration. I want to do it once and do it right. My sedan will be a occasional driver and never a trailer queen. I do like seeing trailer queens but couldn't own one.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Jack Richard
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
13 Jul 2015 15:06 #29874 by Jack Richard
Cord 810/812 Restoration Guidelines was created by Jack Richard
Hello,
I have seen references to the ACD Club developing official judging standards and restoration guidelines for the 810/812 Cords, but see no link anywhere on the ACD Club website or Forums about this effort. I remember Josh Malks starting the effort years ago, and have the printouts of the Gas Filler Area and the Radiator Cap Area, as well as the Cord Fuel Pumps Beginning to End from the Club Newsletter #10- 2014, but I have not seen any other standards or guidelines published by the club. What is the status of this effort? Thanks,
Jack

Jack Richard, D.D.S. This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.