Skip to main content

'37 812, Bev. Sedan Supercharged, produced, survived????

• Mark Tomei
  • Registered
More
24 May 2014 07:32 #27577 by Mark Tomei
Hello:

There were 184 supercharged 1937 Beverly's produced in total. Of that number, less than 100 are presumed to exist today according to the master list cited in Josh Malk's books. The next statistic gets a little sketchy. That would be the number of factory SC Beverly's that still have a FC supercharged driveline intact. That number maybe a fraction again of that as many SC Beverly engines were used in the repair and restoration of phaeton or cabriolet open cars. If you have a car that was one of the original 184, it will always be a rare SC Beverly regardless of it's current running gear. With some luck, the owner of one of these cars could come across the various missing SC components and bring it back up to an as factory delivered status. In the meantime, it would still be a splendid automobile with a standard, non-supercharged engine installed. If the car in question still has the equipment, even better. There are a few really incredible examples of this model out there and they are truly works of art. I hope this helps.

Mark

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• russv
  • ACD Club Life Member
  • Registered
More
24 May 2014 00:54 #27574 by russv
Using Josh Malk's book timeless Classic I counted approx. 73 SC Beverly's. I don't know how many have survived.

• Son37Cord
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
23 May 2014 00:06 #27562 by Son37Cord
The question posed is how many 1937, 812 Bev. Sedans, Supercharged were produced and of couse, how many have survived?

When I have requested the answer, to those who have said that they are "experts" and have a reputation, have all of a sudden disappeared. Even the guy who proposed to sell the above Cord on the antique section of E-Bay, for 10%, when no such section exists.

I have 17 boxes here, I will look through every scrap, the answer is there,

In the meantime, does the membership have the answers herein sought???