Skip to main content

Radiator Manufacturer

• RandyEma
  • Duesenberg Historian
  • Registered
More
02 Apr 2014 15:09 #27335 by RandyEma
Replied by RandyEma on topic Radiator Manufacturer
Most higher end radiator shops upon servicing a radiator soldered a tag on it with there name on it and I think this practice was done up till the war. The car may not have been in Paris but the Radiator might have

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• william057
  • Topic Author
  • Non-Member
  • Registered
More
02 Apr 2014 13:37 #27334 by william057
Replied by william057 on topic Radiator Manufacturer
Matt:
I looked at the tag again, cleaned it so I could clearly see the information and you are correct, the tag states "Ouest Parisien Radiateurs

I could not find anything on this at all.

Bill Heisler - 1936 Cord

• landmark
  • Non-Member
  • Registered
More
02 Apr 2014 08:19 #27333 by landmark
Replied by landmark on topic Re: Radiator Manufacturer

william057 wrote: As I begin the process of restoring my 36 Westchester, I discovered a small tag plate soldered to the radiator. I have very little history of this particular Cord, and finding the information plate made it more of mystery. The tag is about 1" x 2" and states: Quest Parisien Radiateurs, 42 44 Ru Guersant Paris 17E. No. 5933.

I have not been able to find any information about the company.

(...)

Hello,

are you sure that the first character of the french name is a Q and not an O? I would guess "Ouest" (in engl. - West -) makes more sense.
There are some radiators shops in france which names started with "Ouest".
But I have not found a current shop named "Ouest Parisien Radiateurs". The address you posted is in the inner city of Paris and there is a newer built (guess sometime in the 70ies) Appartment-Building at that place.

So the company has vanished or moved long time ago.

Cheers

Matt

Was man besonders gerne tut,
ist selten ganz besonders gut

Wilhelm Busch

• Mark Tomei
  • Registered
More
02 Apr 2014 06:48 #27331 by Mark Tomei
Replied by Mark Tomei on topic Radiator Manufacturer
Hi:

Seems quite possible that your car or at least it's radiator spent some time abroad. The car itself was delivered from the factory with a Jamestown radiator with that company's somewhat unique "honeycomb" design. I would be interested to know if the Parisian tagged radiator still had the upper and lower factory tanks in place and if the Jamestown core was still present. That being the case, it would seem that the French company came to the aid of an overheating Westchester at some point in history.

• auburnandyscar
  • Registered
More
02 Apr 2014 01:17 #27327 by auburnandyscar
Replied by auburnandyscar on topic Radiator Manufacturer
I cannot tell you verbatim what the tags say, but I DO know that they are in English. It is interesting that you car may have been in Europe at one time.

Check out my build at:
www.1932auburnsedan.com

• william057
  • Topic Author
  • Non-Member
  • Registered
More
02 Apr 2014 00:53 #27323 by william057
Radiator Manufacturer was created by william057
As I begin the process of restoring my 36 Westchester, I discovered a small tag plate soldered to the radiator. I have very little history of this particular Cord, and finding the information plate made it more of mystery. The tag is about 1" x 2" and states: Quest Parisien Radiateurs, 42 44 Ru Guersant Paris 17E. No. 5933.

I have not been able to find any information about the company. So I have one question. Did this 36 Westchester spend a little time in Paris and have the radiator rebuilt or replaced? Or were they a supplier of radiators to Cord? Lastly, the 36 is missing the lower radiator frame bracket (connecting between the 2 frame rails). Anyone out there have a bracket missing a 36 Westchester?

Bill Heisler - 1936 Cord