clutch problems

• Tom_Parkinson
  • Registered
More
20 Jun 2013 15:20 #25466 by Tom_Parkinson
Replied by Tom_Parkinson on topic clutch problems
Hi,

Glad to hear you resolved the issue.

Thank you for letting us all know what the problem turned out to be. This goes into my "troubleshooting" file.

--Tom

With brakes, two cylinders are better than one.

Editor-in-Chief Emeritus, The Hardtop News Magazine, the Journal of the Michiana Dunes Region, Lambda Car Club International

See pix of 1509A here: mbcurl.me/YCSE

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Randall
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
20 Jun 2013 12:48 #25465 by Randall
Replied by Randall on topic Clutch
I finally figured out my problem.
Transmission fitting was cracked and leaking. The oil was being blown back to the inspection plate on the clutch and going into the clutch.
I put my clutch stick on the clutch pedal and placed a scraper between the clutch and the clutch disc to create a little space to get brake cleaner sprayed onto the clutch. It worked and the car doesn't shake anymore.

Randall

• Tom Georgeson
  • Registered
More
20 May 2013 18:53 #25212 by Tom Georgeson
Replied by Tom Georgeson on topic clutch problem
I agree with Tom that you should first check the transmission mount. It usually is covered with oil from the transmission which leaks from the transmission oil pump. This oil rots the rubber. See if you can lift the transmission up by putting a crow bar under it. If you can you'll need to remove it and have it rebuilt. Henry Portz can rebuild it for you. Henry is listed as a 810-812 club Technician on the back page of the Newsletter. All his work is superb.

• Tom_Parkinson
  • Registered
More
20 May 2013 11:45 #25210 by Tom_Parkinson
Replied by Tom_Parkinson on topic clutch problems
Hi,

I have had many encounters with shaky starts in non-ACD cars. Always, the cause has come back to a broken motor mount. I suggest checking to see if the front mount has separated before going after the clutch.

--Tom

With brakes, two cylinders are better than one.

Editor-in-Chief Emeritus, The Hardtop News Magazine, the Journal of the Michiana Dunes Region, Lambda Car Club International

See pix of 1509A here: mbcurl.me/YCSE

• Randall
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
20 May 2013 00:04 #25209 by Randall
clutch problems was created by Randall
Can anyone please help.
My 812 shakes violently when taking off. I feel it is the clutch but do not know what to do. I believe that the clutch is fairly new.
Any help would be appreciated.

Randall