Skip to main content

Difference between convertible and sedan stub frames

• johnmereness
  • Registered
More
27 Apr 2013 21:13 #25101 by johnmereness

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Tom Georgeson
  • Registered
More
27 Apr 2013 06:33 #25092 by Tom Georgeson
Replied by Tom Georgeson on topic Frame modification
I have a sheet that gives a bit more detail. I believe it was published in an earlier Newsletter. If you are interested I could scan it and email it to you.

• john mccall
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
27 Apr 2013 02:05 #25091 by john mccall
Are the details(blueprints or something else) of the additional reinforcements defined anywhere (that is presently available) to allow updating an earlier frame? I don't consider the pictures in Josh's book to be adequate without some additional words of explanation. Has anyone made these updates ?

• Tom Georgeson
  • Registered
More
26 Apr 2013 19:03 #25087 by Tom Georgeson
Replied by Tom Georgeson on topic Frame bracing
The Engineering Changes booklet published by Auburn-Cord- Duesenberg Club in July 1960 shows that the first phaeton frame with extra reinforcements and welding was 1937 Cord 1751 H, This fact is dated 1/27/37.

• john mccall
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
26 Apr 2013 00:16 #25078 by john mccall
On p.127 of Josh's book "Cord 810/812 The Timeless Classics", 2 photos credited to Ron Irwin show 6 additional reinforcements added to the open car frames. My 36 810 phaeton doesn't appear too have any of these added reinforcements. At what point in the production were these phased in?
Another difference between the stub frames is the pads to attach the birdcage which my frame has. Are there any additional differences in the stub frames between the sedans and the open cars?