Skip to main content

Need to find a Machine shop in California

• danbri
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
16 Mar 2013 04:32 #24793 by danbri
Replied by danbri on topic Found a shop
Talked to Egge and I will be taking it to H&H Flatheads in the morning. Keep you posted on the outcome Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• 1748 S
  • Platinum Forum User
  • Registered
More
15 Mar 2013 15:10 #24789 by 1748 S
Replied by 1748 S on topic Need to find a Machine shop in California
I would have thought that Egge could have told you who they would recomment for that machine work. They are about 5 miles from my home. I can drop in and ask them questions face to face if that helps any.. This La County area has so many good and some really horrible machine shops so being careful goes without saying..

• danbri
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
15 Mar 2013 05:42 #24787 by danbri
Having some shortcoming with my Cord S/C engine rebuilder in Fresno Ca and am hoping for some ideas on another shop in Ca.

Need my Crank ground so Egge can Babbit the Rods and Bearings. Then I need the newly babbited main bearings align bored and polished so I can build the engine... or just have someone do it all. I found HNH Flatheads in Los angeles and Thunder Works in Victorville? any ideas.... The car is coming out unbeliveable from the upholstery shop but the engine has been sitting with nothing done in a shop since October. I am very disappointed. Lots of money spent on unopened now dusty new engine parts boxes. Please if you have suggestions let me know. Thanks guys Dana Bridges