Skip to main content

Vinyl cling decals

• Josh Malks
  • ACD Club Past President
  • Registered
More
02 Jan 2012 15:25 #21816 by Josh Malks
Replied by Josh Malks on topic Vinyl cling decals
They were made for the Cord Convoy by Diskey Architectural Signs of Fort Wayne, IN. Mike Butler, an ACD Club member, is the owner. <a href="mailto:[email protected]][email protected][/url]

Josh B. Malks
810 2087A
ACD Club Life Member
ACD Newsletter editor
Past president
www.automaven.com

Check out CORD COMPLETE at www.cordcomplete.com

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Jan 2012 07:06 #21814 by Scotty
Replied by Scotty on topic Vinyl cling decals
I own the car that Bill applied the Indiana State Trooper decals on. They stayed tight with no lifting all the way back to the west coast. I drove through a couple of days of hard rain as well as lots of sunshine and the decals were not affected. With a little patience I was able to remove them in one piece and put them on a poster board. They were on the car for about 30 days with no damage to the paint.

Scott

• Curtis Bartell
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
31 Dec 2011 04:51 #21797 by Curtis Bartell
Replied by Curtis Bartell on topic Vinyl cling decals
Bill,

Yes I would like the name of the company.

thanks Curt

"I've cut it twice and it's still too short."

• Bill Hummel
  • ACD Club Past President
  • Registered
More
31 Dec 2011 04:17 #21795 by Bill Hummel
Replied by Bill Hummel on topic Decals
I posted the instructions.

I applied the decals the same way as you did. If yours are coming off, then its due to the vinyl material your decal maker used. Our decals did not come off during our cross-country trek and the whole Labor-Day weekend.

We have not left them on for more than five days that I know of. They were very secure and took some effort to pull them off. They left no residue and did not harm the paint finish on any car.

If you would like the name of our decal printer, I can get it for you.

• Curtis Bartell
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
28 Dec 2011 16:09 #21758 by Curtis Bartell
Vinyl cling decals was created by Curtis Bartell
This may be a little off the subject, but someone posted a comment on how the Indiana State Trooper logos were afixed to the Cords at the reunion this year, and I can't remember who, or where. I have vinyl "static cling" decals on my Cobra Kit car, and am engaged in a constant battle to keep them from peeling off. Mine are installed by spraying the surface with soapy water, laying the vinyl on, and then rolling the water out from under them with a stencil roller. This works fine until you park the car in the sun for a while, at which time the decals start to lift. (drives me nuts). Who posted those instructions, and what were they?

Curt

"I've cut it twice and it's still too short."