Skip to main content

Front W/S Gasket Replacement (Westchester)

• Bill McLaughlin
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
21 Oct 2011 12:54 #21239 by Bill McLaughlin
Replied by Bill McLaughlin on topic Front W/S Gasket Replacement (Westchester)
Thanks Jim. Had tooth surgery yesterday so will wait until next week to look at it again. Bill

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Visitor
21 Oct 2011 00:15 #21238 by
Hi Bill,
The screws you removed go into a piece of metal that is inside the window frame. This metal is bent at 90 degrees and forms the corners at the top and bottom of the center of the windshield.

Once you have the screws out the center straight piece of the frame will pull out from the U piece (slide it in the same plane as the glass).

The small corner pieces you are revering to ar in there to seal the corners (gaskets) and finish off the outside. These pieces are locked in to the metal angle pieces. Once the window is apart they will slide off.

I know this is confusing . If you still don't understand I tink I have an old window I can pull apart and take a photo of to show you.

Jim

• Bill McLaughlin
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
17 Oct 2011 01:07 #21215 by Bill McLaughlin
Front W/S Gasket Replacement (Westchester) was created by Bill McLaughlin
What's the trick to removing the 2 corner locking (?) pieces that seem to hold the front W/S together so I can put in a new gasket ?

Have all the screws out but not sure how to take out the small narrow top and bottom pieces in each corner that appear to be keeping the W/S together.

Thanks !

Bill McLaughlin
1937 Westchester