Skip to main content

Tail Lights

• Tom Georgeson
  • Registered
More
26 Aug 2011 19:56 #20833 by Tom Georgeson
Replied by Tom Georgeson on topic Tail lights
Dennis,
It looks like you are using bulbs that I recommended. I'm asuming that you installed the mirrors and painted the inside of the housings white. The bulbs you got are 50/14CP and are very bright on the brake light. You have to be sure that you have the brake light part as the bright one and not the driving light. The 50CP brake light do tend to make the driving tail lights less noticible. As most driving with these cars is day light this may not matter. If it does matter to you, I would suggest that you run the original bulbs 21/3CP which sould work just fine with the above mentioned modifications you have made to your tail lights.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• mikespeed35
  • ACD Club Life Member
  • Registered
More
25 Aug 2011 22:01 #20832 by mikespeed35
Replied by mikespeed35 on topic Tail Lights
If your tail lights are the 50 cp and your brake lights 10cp it is not suprising you can't see them. The 50cp drowned the stops out. You should be able to turn the bulbs so the 50cp is the stop and 10cp is the tail. I have used those bulbs but think they are 50-15 not 10. My experence with those bulbs is the 50cp post that hold the filement melt making the bulb not work. I finally stoped using them because I was replacing the bulbs several times each summer. I was afraid I was going to break a lens changing them so often.
CORDially Mike

Mike Huffman

• Dennis Jolicoeur
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
25 Aug 2011 20:21 #20831 by Dennis Jolicoeur
Tail Lights was created by Dennis Jolicoeur
I am trying to get my Cord ready for the Cord Convoy trip to Auburn. I have had problems with my tail lights being bright enough. I purchased new bulbs from Bob Drake Reproductions in Grants Pass Oregon. They are a 50/10 watt bulb and not a halogen bulb. The bulbs are used in 1933-37 Fords part # is 40-134656-HP6V. I have a reflector mirror behind them, my tail light are now very bright. The problem is, when I have the tail lights on I still cannot see the brake lights or the directional lights lite up clearly. Shut the tail lights off and you can see the brake lights very good. It does not seem like I have enough power to run both. I setup a separate light for the directional/brake lights and with the tail lights on I can hardly see the directional/brake light, lite up. Does anyone have any ideas?

Dennis Jolicoeur