Skip to main content

Ebay Cord

• dryesandno
  • Registered
More
25 Sep 2011 02:55 #21042 by dryesandno
Replied by dryesandno on topic ebay cord
i also cannot find the body number C92 210 on any of the convertible coupe lists from 1971 or 1984. interestingly, if body 210 was a real car it would be only 4 digits away from ron irwin's own car, body #206.

looking at the body numbers, even if body 210 was on the various convertible coupe lists, it does not seem like serial #1572 (and definitely not serial #1331) would be the correct number for this car......

according to what i understand, any 812 with a serial number between 1401 and 1525 was a renumbered 810 car produced in 1936 and still located at the factory.

1572 is outside these numbers so it should appear on the 1971 or 1984 lists as a regularly numbered car unless it was only "discovered" after 1984....which would be a rare one indeed and it should follow the normal 1000 plus frame number system.

as i understand it, serial numbers 1101 to 1400 for the 812 cars were renumber 810 cars that were still in the factory branches. serial number 1331 falls within this range. someone making up a car would likely pick a number in this range or the range above as it would be very difficult if not impossible to confirm its relationship with the serial number on the frame.

i know of one car on ron irwin's list that is a cabriolet made from an 810 weschester....so apparently it can be done. i suppose as these cars become more valuable we can expect to see it more often.

or maybe someone just got their numbers all mixed up when they decided to restamp this car on their own.

it would be interesting to know which is the case.

thus the need for us to know more about the ownership history of the car. we need to know more about J. Ball and/or R. McGwier to figure this one out for sure......

can anyone help us out on that front? anyone know either of these two guys or what happend to their cars?

i

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• dryesandno
  • Registered
More
25 Sep 2011 02:10 #21039 by dryesandno
Replied by dryesandno on topic ebay cord
this may be a known car but it has been renumbered twice according to my discussion with ron. why this would have been the case would have to be investigated carefully to determine exactly what this car was when it began its cord life.......

FB 576 is listed as being in a 1936 810 westchester sedan serial #1361-A iowned by R. McGwier in the article "Historian Project 810-812 sedans" in the February 1958 ACD newsletter.

FB 576 is listed as being in a 1936 810 westchester sedan serial #1361 owned by R. McGwier in Ron Irwins list of 810 Westchesters in the 1971 issue volume six of the ACD newsletter on page 4.

FB 576 is again listed as being in a 1936 810 westchester sedan serial #1361 A owned again by R MGwier and apparently owned by him since 1955 according to the 1984 issue #7 ACD Newsletter page 15 under Ron Irwin's list of Westchester 810 sedans.

i can find no car with the serial number 1572F.

unfortunately about all this tells us is that the engine is probably not original to the car. we would need the serial number on the frame to figure out anything further......or someone who knows the history of the car. anyone know if J. Ball in Texas is still around? or if R McGwier is still around. or anything about the cars they used to own?

• Tim Gilmartin
  • ACD Club Past President
  • Registered
More
17 Aug 2011 01:16 #20747 by Tim Gilmartin
Replied by Tim Gilmartin on topic cord
This is a "known" car with the historian, Ron Irwin. Central Manufacturing number is C92 210. In 1998, it was owned by J. Ball of Texas. In Ron's notes, it states this car has been renumbered a second time; previously it was 812 1572F.
Tim.

• JOEL GIVNER
  • Registered
More
15 Aug 2011 16:28 #20734 by JOEL GIVNER
Replied by JOEL GIVNER on topic Ebay Cord
I spoke to the sellers rep this morning. This is a legitimate sale. The car is in a collection in Georgia. The owner is downsizing. The S/N tag is new restamped with the following : S/N 1331F, engine FB 576. The car has outside manifolds and is not blown.
Reserve is set at $125,000.

JEG

More
15 Aug 2011 12:20 #20730 by alsancle
Replied by alsancle on topic Ebay Cord
I would ignore the ad. The seller has no prior sales, the description is non existent and the pictures were taken from 100 feet away. The seller is either a scam artist or does not know how to sell a car.

• Visitor
15 Aug 2011 09:22 #20729 by
Replied by on topic trans
One thing you want to keep in mind, when they say automatic, many people think these pre-select are some sort of an early automatic. If you think about it you do pre-select, then it automatically changes when you depress the clutch. Think about it.
You can see the clutch peddle and shift lever in the picture. It looks nice in the pictures. But they sure did not over do them selves with pictures.
K Clark

• mikespeed35
  • ACD Club Life Member
  • Registered
More
15 Aug 2011 02:25 #20728 by mikespeed35
Replied by mikespeed35 on topic Ebay Cord
Did you notice under transmission it says automatic!
CORDially Mike

Mike Huffman

• 1748 S
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Forum User
  • Registered
More
15 Aug 2011 00:58 #20727 by 1748 S
Ebay Cord was created by 1748 S
Anyone have any inforamtion on this cord. The description leaves out plenty of information. No information if its actually a supercharged engine. Looks like its in a museum of some sort. Nice looking from the distance the pictures were taken. Just wondering about this car.....
cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1937-Cor ... 3f0cd51016