Skip to main content

How Many Keys For A Sedan...

• Tom Georgeson
  • Registered
More
29 Jul 2011 17:08 #20593 by Tom Georgeson
Replied by Tom Georgeson on topic How many keys
You can do it, I'm the living proof. Bought mine in 1961 and finally got it on the road in 2007. Good luck, you will have a great time learning about a beautiful car!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• charlesflick
  • Registered
More
29 Jul 2011 01:24 #20589 by charlesflick
Replied by charlesflick on topic How Many Keys For A Sedan...
I am learning a lot from the forum. Sounds like we have something in common. I am working a Cord my dad bought in the 50's It has been off the road since about 1965. Last year I decided it was now or never. The motor is out and being rebuilt.

Charles Flick

• 1748 S
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Forum User
  • Registered
More
28 Jul 2011 22:58 #20586 by 1748 S
Replied by 1748 S on topic How Many Keys For A Sedan...
Thanks Charles. I have the ignition done and I have the original glove doors keys. So all I figure I need now it the gas cap door key. I tried the ignition key in the passenger door but it didn't work. Probably stuck lock cylinder. I know that lock has not been operated from the time my father bought the car in 1961. Who really knows how long before that when the last time it was used. My documents are telling me the car came off the roads around 1949. Thats the dates of the letters from the ACD company that took over after Cord sold out... Thanks again for the useful information. Your helping me uncover more mysterys about this car...

• charlesflick
  • Registered
More
28 Jul 2011 18:32 #20585 by charlesflick
Replied by charlesflick on topic How Many Keys For A Sedan...
From forum post "'37 Beverly gas door knob

The (gas door ) locking knob did not share a common cylinder, it's all by its self. The ignition key and righthand door handle shared the same key. Glove box key also by it self including deck lid lock.

Charles Flick

• Tom Georgeson
  • Registered
More
28 Jul 2011 04:04 #20581 by Tom Georgeson
Replied by Tom Georgeson on topic Keys and door locks
I took all four of my locks to a locksmith and he keyed the ignition and the trunk the same. The gas and door are keyed the same too. Maybe they could all have been keyed the same?

• 1748 S
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Forum User
  • Registered
More
27 Jul 2011 19:27 #20579 by 1748 S
How Many Keys For A Sedan... was created by 1748 S
What number of keys do I need for my 812 sedan. I have the keys for the glove box on each side. Just don't have a gas cap cover door, ignition or passenger side front door. Are any of these keys work on these doors or locks. Thanks all