1936 Westchester on Ebay

• 1748 S
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Forum User
  • Registered
More
06 Jul 2011 23:55 #20422 by 1748 S
Replied by 1748 S on topic 1936 Westchester on Ebay
I just got off the phone with the seller of this car. really nice guy too. Looks like the car will sell because someone has offered more than the reserve. There are plenty of spares that go along with the car. There is no carb or air cleaner. It has the oil and coolant fill caps under the passenger side cowl vent. Thats kinda neet to find. He thinks it was once a supercharged car because the side louvers are missing where the side screens went with the outside pipes. I told him no 36 cars sedan or open top were supercharged. He explained the car he saw once in a museum in Branson that was a suprecharged 36 sedan made for Mrs Cord. I know very little about that car so I couldn't talk much about it. I do recall it being talked about on this forum. If you call Gary you will be talking to a really nice guy. We talked for about an hour about all kinds of cars and things. I was looking for an air cleaner that he might of had that was not listed in the sale items. If I had seen one in the pictures I would not have offered to buy it. It is a Westchester and an early car by the cowl vents. I explained where the body serial numbers are located both on the stub frame and the side plate... Which is missing. Only the central mafg plate is still on the car. He got this from someone that had to sell because they lost a storage lease. that person also has a open car. I think he said it was a pheaton....

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• 1748 S
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Forum User
  • Registered
More
06 Jul 2011 21:13 #20420 by 1748 S
1936 Westchester on Ebay was created by 1748 S
I found this on Ebay today. Anyone here know who owns this or any information on this car. It appears to have plenty of extra parts and.... Looking at the heater it appears to have a black body with chromed fins on it. I know this was talked about reciently here. Also maybe the spark plug wires are unmollested and we could get a color on them. I recall that too was a topic of conversation here too. Its about a 26 hour drive for me so I wont be doing a road trip. Hopefully someone can add something about this car. Seems like the now owner had plans to hot rod it but changed his mind and will not do that...
cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1936-COR ... 415b605328

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.