Skip to main content

Santa Maria Ralley

• Tom_Parkinson
  • Registered
More
29 Jun 2011 19:20 #20376 by Tom_Parkinson
Replied by Tom_Parkinson on topic Santa Maria Ralley
And this is why Henry knows every nut, bolt, rivet, spring, glass, cable, body panel, and doo-dad in 810/812 Cords.

--Tom

With brakes, two cylinders are better than one.

Editor-in-Chief Emeritus, The Hardtop News Magazine, the Journal of the Michiana Dunes Region, Lambda Car Club International

See pix of 1509A here: mbcurl.me/YCSE

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• 1748 S
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Forum User
  • Registered
More
29 Jun 2011 17:25 #20375 by 1748 S
Replied by 1748 S on topic Santa Maria Ralley
Thanks for the information. I will be watching for the information to come in the Newsletter. I just got the newsletter with Henry Portz Cord on the cover. Wow hardly describes the look of that car. I recall talking to him about it when he lived in So Ca. He told me what he started with which was not much. Being an engineer he had plenty of ideas how to "bring it back". He told me he made all the springs for the seats and his wife sewed up the bags that each coil spring was in for the seats. Thats going to the limits of "I did this myself".....

• Josh Malks
  • ACD Club Past President
  • Registered
More
29 Jun 2011 13:58 #20374 by Josh Malks
Replied by Josh Malks on topic Santa Maria Ralley
Check the Calendar of Events on page 3 of your most recent Newsletter for the date of the West Coast Meet in October in Santa Maria. Registration form will be in #6 in July.

Josh B. Malks
810 2087A
ACD Club Life Member
ACD Newsletter editor
Past president
www.automaven.com

Check out CORD COMPLETE at www.cordcomplete.com

• 1748 S
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Forum User
  • Registered
More
29 Jun 2011 08:17 #20373 by 1748 S
Santa Maria Ralley was created by 1748 S
I'm planning on attending the ralley in Oct. 2011. Its about 2 1/2 hours from my home. Do we as a club get any hotel discounts or is there a particular place many like to stay. Also where exactly is the meet held at in this small town. I guess I could drive around looking for the Cords but I'm thinking someone can give me some advise before I get there. I'm really looking forwards to seeing a parking lot full of the big three cars. Pictures and questions will be taken...