Bustle Trunk Locks

• 1748 S
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Forum User
  • Registered
More
13 Apr 2011 17:47 #19803 by 1748 S
Bustle Trunk Locks was created by 1748 S
Hello all, I have a 1937 Beverly sedan with the leaded in bustle trunk but. I do not have the two trunk locks. Instead I have an electric lock mounted to the lid. Was this an option offered from the factory or not. Thanks for any information. Gary
Heres some information on the car. Its been off the road from 1948. The interior is all original with no rips in the seats. There is some slight wear on the drivers seat from sliding in and out of the grey piping. It came with a radio and heater but the radio dial has faded and peeled off. Of course its the expensive head. At one time the car had a spotlite on the drivers side windshield post. Thats gone now. I feel its always been a California car because of almost no rust anywhere. My Dad "found" the Cord when he was buying up most any car in the early part of 1961 with his partner in the business of collecting. I bought out his partner for the Cord in 1975 for $1750.00. I did wear a mask when I stole it from him... :D They paid $300.00 for the car with two complete engines and drive axles. The color was Cadet Gery so years ago I bought that color from Stan. Starting a family stopped me from working on the car but now I'm active again. I have bought parts over the years that are better than what I have and still look all the time. I'm looking to convert my sealed beams back to the oem type head lites. I just "found" a set of reflecters that have been resilvered with the bulb holders and the lenses. The lenses are the Riteway 4457 but. One has a 17 and the other has an 18 number on the bottom outside of the lense. Is one for the left and one for the right. The cost was $225.00. I feel that was a fair price for what I got. I also just bought another lense that is the same type but it has the number 14 on the outside bottom of it. I enjoy reading whats posted her and would like to see other Cords in the Southern California area. I'm about 25 miles west of L. A. Gary

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.