Skip to main content

Vacuum line routing on 812

• DEColton
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
28 Jan 2010 13:02 #15701 by DEColton
Replied by DEColton on topic Vacuuum line routing
Thanks for the reply. I gathered from the warning comments on the museum photos, that the lines you mentioned were the correction. I also was able to get a vacuum line drawing from Stan at Auburn Cord Parts that was very satisfactory in regards to routing. I appreciate your response in helping me solve this issue.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Jan 2010 02:39 #15698 by elliotta
Replied by elliotta on topic vacuum lines
I was in the same predicament as you are when I plumbed my Westchester last year. I found that the pictures of the Museum engine/trans were the only source available anywhere of the complete assembly, so they became my model. But the car wouldn't shift when I was done! I got together all of the schematic diagrams of the wiring and vacuum lines and thought that something looked fishy. During a phone conversation with George Arakelian he mentioned that some of the schematics might be wrong. A light bulb went on! When I went back to my car I realized that the vent and vacuum lines to the solenoid box were reversed. When I switched them, both the cross and longitudinal shifters finally worked. But then it became clear that the cross shifter was shifting backwards. I reversed those two lines and, hooray, everything worked!

So, after talking with Charlie, who donated the engine, I contacted our Club webmaster, who put up the warning.

Long story short, the motor/trans plumbing pictured is fine except you must switch the big lines connected to the ends of the solenoid box and the two smaller lines connected to the cross-shifter. Send me an email at <a href="mailto:[email protected]][email protected][/url] if you'd like to connect by phone to talk through the process.

Proprietor of the Cord Supercharger Parts Database

• DEColton
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
09 Jan 2010 19:48 #15512 by DEColton
Vacuum line routing on 812 was created by DEColton
I have recently acquired an 812 SC Phaeton that was in pieces when purchased. I'm in the process of putting the engine and drive together and was using the example in the Cord museum for a spec for routing of vacuum lines. That was until a notice was posted that the example was incorrect. Does anyone have a correct diagram for vacuum line configuration? If you have gas line and oil line routing, that would also be very helpful.
regards,

Doug