Skip to main content

LOCATION OF HEATER CONTROL SWITCH

• ETHAN ALLEN TURNER
  • ACD Club Past President
  • Registered
More
06 Jan 2010 02:46 #15463 by ETHAN ALLEN TURNER
Replied by ETHAN ALLEN TURNER on topic heater switch
Yes, it was an accessory heater and it was installed by the dealer most likely, some by the factory if ordered, and this Westchester was delivered to the NY dealer. However, my sunroof Cord had an original heater, I saw this car in 1953, it was completely original with all the details there. The switch was mounted on the dash panel lower portion where there is an open area to the right side The switch knob itself is made of plastic and art deco looking.

LIFE MEMBER #25 Man of the Year 2011 WHAT EVER WE DO FOR OURSELF DIES WITH US
WHAT EVER WE DO FOR THE WORLD STAYS
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Lee Titus
  • Senior Forum User
  • Registered
More
28 Dec 2009 17:41 #15414 by Lee Titus
Replied by Lee Titus on topic Heater switch
My 1937 Phaeton has gang of 3 switches, all of them light up when on. the delux heater switch is a reostat with a fuse.the other switch's one for fog lamps and other for accessory. ( I use for my fuel pump ) They are mounted under the center of my dash, and have a period style brown cover with matching knobs. they look right to me for 1937.... Lee Titus

More
25 Dec 2009 00:21 #15392 by hportz
Replied by hportz on topic heater switch
George, I agree with Josh absolutely! The only one that I have ever seen in that location in "the olden days (1948)" was mine! Some one had put a hole there with a starter button in it & I changed it ; took the bracket off the heater switch & put it in there instead. 31631F

Check out PortzCordz.com

• Josh Malks
  • ACD Club Past President
  • Registered
More
23 Dec 2009 15:35 #15370 by Josh Malks
Replied by Josh Malks on topic LOCATION OF HEATER CONTROL SWITCH
Heaters were an accessory. They are not mentioned in the price sheets and are pictured in the 1937 Accessory Catalog. To my knowledge the heater switch was always the clamp-on version with internal light. Maybe they bought them at the local auto supply store.

A heater switch with a radio knob in the dash lower right would certainly look better. But I don't think it would be accurate. Dissent, preferably with documentation welcomed.

Josh B. Malks
810 2087A
ACD Club Life Member
ACD Newsletter editor
Past president
www.automaven.com

Check out CORD COMPLETE at www.cordcomplete.com

• E L
  • Topic Author
  • ACD Club Life Member
  • Registered
More
23 Dec 2009 00:58 #15369 by E L
Many heater switches that I have seen are the after market type and clamp below the dash. Did the factory ever install the heaters or was it done by the dealer? If the factory installed them, were they the same type of switch? Did they ever drill the dash in the right lower corner with a switch that had a knob similar to the radio knob?