Skip to main content

No 1st and reverse

• Bill Hummel
  • ACD Club Past President
  • Registered
More
06 Oct 2009 13:28 #14584 by Bill Hummel
Replied by Bill Hummel on topic Re: No 1st and reverse

foxmotorsports wrote: I get a message that you need special permission to access certain areas.

Hi Bob,

You are referrning to the special Members Only areas of the Forums. If you are a Club Member, you should have access to those areas. If you are, let me know and I can increase your access level.

Currently, the Newsletters are not available as a complete collection, but they may be soon! We are doing test digitizing now and all old Newsletters may be available on DVD in the next few months.

Subsequent newsletters will be available on the Forums.

THE DVD PROJECT HAS NOT BEEN AUTHORIZED YET, SO I MAY HAVE JUMPED THE GUN. BUT IT DOES LOOK PROMISING THOUGH. WE ARE EVALUATING A NEW VENDOR FOR PROVIDING THE PDF FILES. STAY TUNED!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Tom Georgeson
  • Registered
More
06 Oct 2009 05:28 #14581 by Tom Georgeson
Replied by Tom Georgeson on topic No first or second
Are you sure your interlock switch is ajusted correctly? I would check it again even if you have.

• MICHAEL S SMITH
  • ACD Club Life Member
  • Registered
More
05 Oct 2009 18:14 #14575 by MICHAEL S SMITH
Replied by MICHAEL S SMITH on topic No 1st and reverse
Bob,
Maybe the rails are not aligning correctly, try racking the shift lever across neutral and back with clutch in, as you would a worn manual gearshift, then placing in 1st or reverse, problem would stem from vacuum cross shifters not completely moving to left or right due to age insufficient lubrication or just crankiness from old age.

MICHAEL S SMITH ACD LIFE MEMBER #40
851 auburn phaeton
851 auburn sedan
810 cord westchester
812 cord phaeton(ex Tressler Swiss)
812 cord custom s/c beverly
812 cord s/c cabriolet
812 cord s/c beverly
80 866 speedster (pray factory built)

• foxmotorsports
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
05 Oct 2009 17:46 #14573 by foxmotorsports
No 1st and reverse was created by foxmotorsports
I have and intermittant problem with1st & rev. the trans goes to neutral instead of 1st or reverse.All other gears operate normally. I did a search of the club website and found references to the newsletter with a tech article on the subject.Are the old newsletters archived online? are they available as a reprint ? Can I access this online, I get a message that you need special permission to access certain areas. Also a special thanks to Mario von Allmen for emailing me a tech article on wheel cracking .I measured the wheel pad to lug boss clearance ,and It was too tight so I counter bored the drums as the fix. Thank you, Bob Kolenda