Skip to main content

Strange buttons

More
18 Aug 2009 03:42 #14245 by hportz
Replied by hportz on topic panel lights holes
Herve, Those holes were not originally supplied by the manufacturer , neither was the rear view mirror or the phony Ab Jenkins speed plate. There appears to be a starter switch where the cigar lighter should be. It looks like a non stock oil pressure gage is attached under the left side of the instrument panel & at least two added switches (if the one on the right is for the heater it is not the correct switch). The heater is correct. The cowl vent handles should be black. Henry

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Bill Hummel
  • ACD Club Past President
  • Registered
More
18 Aug 2009 02:48 #14244 by Bill Hummel
Replied by Bill Hummel on topic Buttons
This is a common location for owners to add after-market accessories. It is a fairly large flat piece of steel with nothing behind it, so it is very tempting to add accessories here.

Every car is diferent. In my 810 Cabriolet, a previous owner added a headlight/instrument light switch, and a heater switch.

I am not sure what the buttons in your photos do, they actually look like turn-signal indicators. You will just have to check.

I have removed my heater and I have moved the light switches back to the center quadrant where they are supposed to be. I will have the holes sealed back up and repainted shortly.

• hsalmon
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
18 Aug 2009 00:37 #14243 by hsalmon
Strange buttons was created by hsalmon
This 812 Cord Beverly S/C, for sale in Germany, has two little buttons under the radio dial, right to the left of the right side glove box door.
Does anyone know what these are? The Cord I am restoring also has two small holes at the same spot...