Skip to main content

My Personal Cord 812

• Hot Cord Coupe
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
06 Aug 2009 00:01 #14169 by Hot Cord Coupe
Replied by Hot Cord Coupe on topic My Personal Cord 812
Thanks ever so much Bob. Unfortunately kits don't include parts that the manufacturer feels won't show or add to the model's features. The kit is an old AMT kit that was made in the late 60's. Mine is a second edition that was made in the late 70's I believe. I'll be building it in the style of a particular car in the ACD museum in Auburn. It's the one they called the Baby Duesenberg. It does not have mechanical headlights as usual but has them mounted on fender posts. It will have a fully upholstered interior as well as a fully padded Carson top.

I also belong to a fantastic site called scalemotors.com which is dedicated to large scale models of 1/12 and larger. We do all kinds of huge model cars, particularly the great classics and we super detail them by adding the small details that never come with kits. We do a great deal of scratchbuilding and have some of the most talented builders in the world. Don't worry, I'm definitely not trying to drum up recruits for the site, I only mention the site to explain what kind of crazy building we do. Again, thanks for the help. If no one minds, I'll continue to show a few pictures as my Cord progresses.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• R Coleman
  • Registered
More
05 Aug 2009 22:09 #14166 by R Coleman
Replied by R Coleman on topic My Personal Cord 812

Bob
810 2350H
812 31649S

• R Coleman
  • Registered
More
05 Aug 2009 22:05 #14165 by R Coleman
Replied by R Coleman on topic My Personal Cord 812
Hope this helps: [/img]

Bob
810 2350H
812 31649S

• Hot Cord Coupe
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
03 Aug 2009 23:32 #14145 by Hot Cord Coupe
My Personal Cord 812 was created by Hot Cord Coupe
I waited until I had this build far enough along before I had some decent pictures to post. Unfortunately my Cord is only 1/12 scale but I'm trying to get this thing as realistic as possible. There's still a lot of work to be done on it including some light weathering. Can someone please tell me where the brake master cylinder is located. I have the brake lines set up but I have no idea where to anchor them. Thanks in advance. Hope you like the pics. I know there are some inaccuracies but I don't have the real thing in front of me to go by.

[/img]