Skip to main content

Atlanta area

• 1936 Cord Georgia
  • Registered
More
03 Jul 2009 22:24 #13924 by 1936 Cord Georgia
Replied by 1936 Cord Georgia on topic Transmission Problem
Hello -

My name is Phillip Goble and I live in Ellijay Georgia which is 90 minutes from Atlanta up 575 to 515.

Sorry to hear about your transmission problems. My father is a retired mechanic from a local GM dealership and also has restored his own Cord. He is very familiar with Cord transmissions, motors, etc.

If you will e-mail me and describe your problem in detail I will see if he may be able to help. We are currently busy getting ready for the Auburn meet on Labor Day but he may be able to work on it after that if you have not found anyone to help you by then.

I also have a 1936 Cord Westchester Sedan which is very near completion and is in the paint shop right now. I've been restoring it myself over the last two years and am getting anxious to see it
finished.

Ellijay is a small town but we have four ACD member here and we all own 1936 Cord sedans.

Would like to meet your boss if he would like to come up and visit. We are always glad to talk to another Cord owner - we hope we can be of help.

Phillip & Elaine Goble 1936 SC Cord Westchester 810 Ellijay, Georgia This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Tom_Parkinson
  • Registered
More
01 Jul 2009 13:55 #13906 by Tom_Parkinson
Replied by Tom_Parkinson on topic Atlanta area
Hi,

Welcome to the world of the Cord transmission!

The club has many members who are experts in the technology of the Cord transmission and its electro-pneumatic shifting mechanism. How about joining the Club, ordering the Club's transmission publication, and making use of the vast knowledge of the experiences of Cord Owners?

Membership has many benefits, the best of which is the members themselves. You do not have to own an ACD car to join, and you can join easily and painlessly on line.

Hope to add you to the Club!

--Tom

With brakes, two cylinders are better than one.

Editor-in-Chief Emeritus, The Hardtop News Magazine, the Journal of the Michiana Dunes Region, Lambda Car Club International

See pix of 1509A here: mbcurl.me/YCSE

• Zintsmaster62
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
01 Jul 2009 12:36 #13905 by Zintsmaster62
Replied by Zintsmaster62 on topic Atlanta area
Thanks Mike, I will talk to Jim about it.

• mikespeed35
  • ACD Club Life Member
  • Registered
More
01 Jul 2009 03:21 #13900 by mikespeed35
Replied by mikespeed35 on topic Atlanta area
You are getting no responses because there is no one. What ever you do don't take it to some one who has never worked on a Cord before. They don't have your run of the mill trans. To get Cords fixed you have to travel. I would suggest E-mailing Jim O'Brien at <a href="mailto:[email protected]][email protected][/url] Tell him your problem and maybe he can help. He is located in PA.
CORDially Mike

Mike Huffman

• Zintsmaster62
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
30 Jun 2009 15:30 #13896 by Zintsmaster62
Atlanta area was created by Zintsmaster62
Does anyone know of a mechanic that could work on a 37 cord in the Atlanta area. My boss owns the car and it is having some transmission problems that are well beyond our abilities. I have asked around at a couple of shops but nobody wants to touch it because of its age. Thanks.