Skip to main content

Radial Tires for a Cord

• Josh Malks
  • ACD Club Past President
  • Registered
More
18 Apr 2003 18:11 #117 by Josh Malks
Replied by Josh Malks on topic Radial tires
An extensive article on using radial tires on Cords appears in the 2003-3 Newsletter, due to be mailed any day now.

Josh B. Malks
810 2087A
ACD Club Life Member
ACD Newsletter editor
Past president
www.automaven.com

Check out CORD COMPLETE at www.cordcomplete.com

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Dutch Jacobs
  • Visitor
31 Mar 2003 05:20 #35 by Dutch Jacobs
Replied by Dutch Jacobs on topic Radial Tires for a Cord

Josh Malks mentioned a place called the Whitewall CandyStore in California is a good source for Goodyear Wrangler tires with 4" whitewalls.

Now THAT is well worth knowing about...

(Thank you!)

I'll see if I can find a link to it...

BAM! Direct hit - CHECK THIS OUT:

The Whitewall Candy Store

~Dutch

• Bill Hummel
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
31 Mar 2003 03:50 #33 by Bill Hummel
Replied by Bill Hummel on topic Radial Tires for a Cord

Dutch Jacobs wrote: Example: 225/60/15 would be a tire with a tread 225 cm wide. The sidewall would be 60% of 225 cm (approx 150cm), and it would be for a 15 inch rim.
~Dutch

Thanks for the info. I have 15" wheels on my Cabriolet. (The previous owner was going to turn it into a hotrod.)

I will get my car into a shop and see if I can find some 16" wheels with the right offset.

Josh Malks mentioned a place called the Whitewall CandyStore in California is a good source for Goodyear Wrangler tires with 4" whitewalls.

• Dutch Jacobs
  • Visitor
31 Mar 2003 03:15 #30 by Dutch Jacobs
Replied by Dutch Jacobs on topic Radial Tires for a Cord
I can double check it tomorrow - but it seems to me they would be something like 28/6.5/16's (truck tire system).

About 28 inches in diameter, 6.5 inch wide tread, on a 16 inch rim.

Standard tire numbers these days for cars give the width of the tread first in centimeters, the percentage of that width that the sidewall is high, and lastly the rim size.

Example: 225/60/15 would be a tire with a tread 225 cm wide. The sidewall would be 60% of 225 cm (approx 150cm), and it would be for a 15 inch rim.

Exactly what the figures for a Cord tire might be I haven't even thought to work out yet, but I do know the last digits would be 16...

~Dutch

• Bill Hummel
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
20 Mar 2003 05:53 #4 by Bill Hummel
Radial Tires for a Cord was created by Bill Hummel
Please let me know if you have installed Radial Tires on your Cord car. If so, let me know what the specs of the tires are. Are you enjoying them?

If you have a picture, try adding a link to a picture of them. You can't upload pictures yet, but that feature should be coming soon.