Skip to main content

Carmen Miranda?s Cord

• hsalmon
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
24 Jun 2009 20:50 #13820 by hsalmon
Replied by hsalmon on topic Carmen Miranda?s Cord
Among Carmen Miranda?s best friends were Tyrone Power, Robert Taylor, Barbara Stanwick, Judy Garland, and Sonja Henie.
We can see Sonja dressing as the "brazilian Bombshell" in this picture:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• hsalmon
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
24 Jun 2009 14:35 #13815 by hsalmon
Carmen Miranda?s Cord was created by hsalmon
It was known that the famous singer Carmen Miranda had had one, if not two Cords in 1937 in Rio de Janeiro. Her Sister Aurora (deceased in 2002) remembered and confirmed her sister?s ownership of such a famous car but had no memories or details about the car itself. Carmen Miranda?s most complete biography, written by famous writer Ruy Castro, mentions Carmen showing off in her Cord in the hot nights of Rio...
Finally, and thanks to the support of Carmen?s biographer, the owner of the single largest collection of photographies of Carmen has started to release them to be made public.
So After many many years of research, I am able to post two pictures of Carmen and her Cord (The color picture is a reference only):

When I found my car, phaeton body that came with two S/C Engines (FC 2656 and FC 2881) rumors in the classic cars "milieu" in Brazil were that this was Carmen Miranda?s Cord. As a matter of fact mine is the only CORD so far that has proof of life in Rio de Janeiro (I have the car original documentation/registration from 1950 in Rio).
Unless I can find proof that Carmen also possessed a convertible, the only official record so far is that of her ownership of the pictured car: probably a 1937 Berverly Supercharged!
The front frame (32 112) and one of the engines that came with my car (FC 2881) belonged to a 1937 Cord Beverly...But that is another story...
I will keep you posted when new info is found.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.