Skip to main content

Another Glass issue

• Visitor
02 Jun 2009 21:29 #13669 by
Replied by on topic Another Glass issue
Hi Mike,

I'm not exactly sure what you are talking about but you may have the correct glass. When you start to open the Cord sedan window you should get an opening toward the top of the windshield before the rest of the window opens. This is to allow you to get some cross ventilation without getting to much of the window open. I'm heading out to the barn after dinner and I take a photo and send it to you.

CORDially,
Jim

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Mike Markin
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
02 Jun 2009 12:25 #13663 by Mike Markin
Replied by Mike Markin on topic Another Glass issue
Kenny,

Well, I had planned to replace the glass all along. I put it in there to see if it was in fact a pattern for me to use. Looks like the glass shrunk in places. Just wondering how tight the Cords were.

Mike

• Visitor
02 Jun 2009 10:02 #13662 by
Replied by on topic Glas fit
Sounds to me like the old glass is just that OLD GLASS. If it were my car I would forget the old glass and take a piece of card board and make a new pattern.
As you already know if the glass does not seal it will leak not only water when it rains ,but WIND all the time.
My 2 Cents
K Clark

• Mike Markin
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
02 Jun 2009 03:09 #13660 by Mike Markin
Another Glass issue was created by Mike Markin
I recently pulled the old door window glass out of the box and slipped it into the doors to check the fit before I had new glass cut. It appears that none of them fit snug against the upper door felt. In fact, there are small gaps between the rolled up glass and the outer window frame on the front doors. It is as though the angle of the glass does not fit the pattern of the doors. Very odd. Any thoughts anyone? (Yes, they are in the correct doors!)

Thanks
Mike