Skip to main content

What goes here?

More
13 Apr 2009 22:01 #13197 by hportz
Replied by hportz on topic What goes here?
Mike, That really looks good, you did a wonderful job! Hope I can see it sometime. I mine was one that had no running boards & a filler panel with a stainless strip in their place. It had black rubber stone guards on the front of the rear fenders. Some one near Auburn has a very nice convertible but he has hot rodded it . I have seen it on the north side of the square a couple of years. Thanks for the pics. Henry

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Mike Markin
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
12 Apr 2009 13:33 #13182 by Mike Markin
Replied by Mike Markin on topic What goes here?
Henry, The 41 Plymouth Coupe Special Deluxe was the first car I ever restored. I think it turned out pretty well. Glad to hear you had one. It is a fun car, too. The grill you saw was from the parts car I had. Here are a couple of pics.

Mike

More
12 Apr 2009 02:17 #13180 by hportz
Mike, Yes, the Plymouth coupe. A 1941 Air Wing Grey Special Deluxe business coupe was the first car that I had after I got out of the Air Force in 1946. I traded it for a metallic maroon 812 Westchester in 1948. I have often thought of obtaining another one or a convertible at some time; only I can't do that until I finish my S/C Cord Cabriolet 31631F. I saw the grille in your Cord pictures. Hope you put both back together. Henry

• Mike Markin
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
11 Apr 2009 13:17 #13169 by Mike Markin
I have some pieces of wood. The doors have some of the wood in them but I am not sure if I have it all. I do not have the lower door wood. I have the windshield center post wood but not the remaining wood around the windshields. I also have the wood around the rear window?

Henry, are you referring to my 41 Plymouth Coupe? I do.

Mike

More
11 Apr 2009 06:44 #13167 by hportz
Mike, Do you have the rest of the Plymouth? Henry

• Tom Georgeson
  • Registered
More
10 Apr 2009 20:09 #13163 by Tom Georgeson
Replied by Tom Georgeson on topic Wood pieces
I replaced some of the wood on my Westchester and think I stilll have the old ones. If you are interested let me know.

• Mike Markin
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
10 Apr 2009 14:38 #13161 by Mike Markin
Thanks, Pat. Looks like I better get the saw and router out. I suspected that was the case.

Mike

• Pat Leahy
  • Registered
More
09 Apr 2009 14:26 #13150 by Pat Leahy
Replied by Pat Leahy on topic Cord Sedan Wood
The areas you have marked, all have a piece of wood attached. This wood along center posts, sides and center of windshields and above widshields have a small wood piece attached with wood screws. The metal plates go over the opening for the windshield hinges. The upholstery (usually wool broadcloth in a sedan) is stretched over these areas of wood and fastened with small nails. There is also areas of wood above doors to nail the headliner.

Pat Leahy

• Mike Markin
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
09 Apr 2009 02:01 #13143 by Mike Markin
What goes here? was created by Mike Markin
Can some one look at these pictures and answer my questions. The car was stripped when I bought it so the puzzle continues. Thanks

Mike Markin