Skip to main content

Cord-parts to identify please.

More
10 Dec 2008 02:15 #12190 by hportz
Replied by hportz on topic Cord-parts to identify please.
Philipp , I should have pointed out that item 5 is able to to be adjusted so that you can time the distributor correctly without bothering to time the intermediate drive assembly in any particulary way with the cam shaft gear. If you look down in the large end you will see a slotted screw there. Hold the assembly in a vise by the shaft ,lossen the screw then the vise slightly, with the large diameter resting on the vise & screw driver in slot tap the driver handle downward with a hamer blow ; this will lossen the lower shaft from the upper large diameter. You can now rotate the upper part on the lower shaft . You can now rotate the two parts independitly to time the distributor as required . Retighten the screw. OK ? Henry

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• oldbanger71
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
09 Dec 2008 10:51 #12174 by oldbanger71
Replied by oldbanger71 on topic Cord-parts to identify please.
Hi Henry, many thanks for your asistance, it's very helpful and your answer came much faster than i could hope for.

Cordially, Philipp :)

The more i know, the more i realize that i don't know enough.
812 310 121 S

More
09 Dec 2008 06:01 #12173 by hportz
Replied by hportz on topic Cord-parts to identify please.
Philipp, 1.Not Cord recommended heater & 28 amp Shunt generator. 2&3 S/C TC cover . 4 Std eng top mount fuel pump drive . 5 Intermediate distr. drive ( S/C or std.) . 6 Hd light bucket shaft bkt . 7 Distributor to intake manifold mtg. bracket . 8 Outer U-J bell bushing (Bendix). 9 Not Cord master cylinder . 10 Suspension bumper mounting bracket . 11 Water pump drive pulley. OK?

• oldbanger71
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
08 Dec 2008 19:16 #12164 by oldbanger71
Cord-parts to identify please. was created by oldbanger71
Here are some parts from my basket case Custom Beverly.
Can somebody shed some light on what they are, if they're correct for 1937 and if SC or standard ?

many thanks for your help in advanced. :)

The more i know, the more i realize that i don't know enough.
812 310 121 S