Skip to main content

Directional Lights

• mikespeed35
  • ACD Club Life Member
  • Registered
More
27 Nov 2008 05:19 #11980 by mikespeed35
Replied by mikespeed35 on topic Directional Lights
I paint the inside of my tail light housings white and use a 15/50 CP bulb. That is 15 cp for the tail and 50cp for the stop. They are bright and not directional like LED or use high watts like Halogen. Josh gave me the lead on the bulbs.
CORDially Mike

Mike Huffman

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Tom Georgeson
  • Registered
More
26 Nov 2008 04:26 #11965 by Tom Georgeson
Replied by Tom Georgeson on topic Tail lights
Dennis,

I had an article in the #5 2007 issue of the Newsletter about improving the Cord tail lights. I followed that with an update in the #1 2008 issue concerning using a stronger halogen bulb. The first article suggests painting the inside of the tail light housing with Eastwoods Reflective Aluminum paint. Josh feels that it would be better to use a white paint as the alumiiiunm paint tends to absorb light. He is probably right. I feel that the one item, outside of the bulbs, which improves them is the mirrors which replaces the original frosted glass. Believe me when you put on your brakes they really light up. The driving lights are a lot brighter too. When I talked to Tim Gilmartin at this years West Coast Meet he told me that it really made a difference in his car.
If you have any questions call me. 707-442-7324

Tom Georgeson

• Bill McLaughlin
  • Registered
More
26 Nov 2008 00:45 #11962 by Bill McLaughlin
Replied by Bill McLaughlin on topic Directional Lights
Dennis:

I plan to put turn-signals on my car and took several photos of turn-signal lights / brackets on 810/812's at Auburn this year and would be happy to send them to you. Send me your email address (<[email protected]>).

Bill McLaughlin
812 Westchester

• Dennis Jolicoeur
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
25 Nov 2008 14:43 #11955 by Dennis Jolicoeur
Directional Lights was created by Dennis Jolicoeur
Hi Everyone,

As a newcomer to the Cord family, I have many questions. I hope someone out there can help in some of my questions. I purchased my 810 Westchester this past June and it came with directional lights, I assume that they are aftermarket. Whoever set them up converted the front original Cord fog lights into the front directionals. In the back the directionals are in the taillights. The problem in the back is the directional?s blink so dimly and fast that it is hard to see them in the daylight. At night it is almost imposable to see them when the driving lights are on. Do any of you have directionals on your Cords and how are they set up? I would like to use the fog lights as fog lights. I have been thinking of adding front and back directional lights by adding motorcycle directional lights to both bumpers since they are small. Has anyone done this before and what do you think? Are there any better ideas? I like driving my Cord but am uncomfortable driving the way some people drive riding on your bumper. Also is there a special factory fog light switch for the fog lights if I convert them back into fog lights?

Dennis Jolicoeur