Skip to main content

Radiator over-flow tank on super-charged piped car

• Tom Georgeson
  • Registered
More
22 Nov 2008 19:18 #11946 by Tom Georgeson
Replied by Tom Georgeson on topic Over flow tank
The MG tank looked interesting, but I wonder if it would have too small a volume for a Cord? Jim Lawrence uses a 1960's Volvo tank on his two Cords with 4 pound pressure caps. You would probably have to get one at a salvage yard. A good idea, as Jim never has to add water to his cars. I'm going to add it to mine as soon as I can find one.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Mike Brady
  • Registered
More
22 Nov 2008 16:31 #11944 by Mike Brady
Bill:

Al Webster has an overflow tank from an MG attached to the inside of the fence on his cabriolet. There are a few of these on ebay. The one includes the mounting bracket. From what I recall is not obtrusive.

cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MG-Midge ... enameZWD1V

• ilikescars
  • Registered
More
21 Nov 2008 23:30 #11941 by ilikescars
I purchased a 35 speedster that had been equipped with an overflow tank. (The former owner drove this car quite a bit.) It's a modern high-density plastic tank that is mounted to the firewall on the passenger side. It fits in the place where the heater hoses would penetrate the firewall on any standard Auburn.

I'll probably remove it eventually...

Mark

More
21 Nov 2008 18:17 #11937 by hportz
Bill, I suggest that you talk to Jim Lawrence in Lafayette , Ca. He is listed in the club directory. 31631F Henry

• Bill McLaughlin
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
21 Nov 2008 15:01 #11936 by Bill McLaughlin
Has anyone added a radiator over-flow tank on a supercharged piped car ? Where did you put it ? Did you use a tank off an modernish car or custom build the tank ?

Bill McLaughlin
1937 Westchester