Skip to main content

Westchester W/S Wiper Questions

More
23 Oct 2008 02:23 #11634 by hportz
Replied by hportz on topic Remove speaker
Bill ,The answer is no . If the knob is an original just pull it off ; if not look for a small set screw to undo . After that remove the nut & the bezel . You will find a couple of screws holding the speaker in. There are 4 wires connected to the speaker; be sure that you can reconnect them according to the color code. Draw a picture if necessary. If it is a permanent magnet speaker it will not have 4 wires. 31631F Henry

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Bill McLaughlin
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
22 Oct 2008 11:09 #11628 by Bill McLaughlin
Replied by Bill McLaughlin on topic Westchester W/S Wiper Questions
Thanks, Henry !

Anything complicated about removing the speaker ?

Bill McLaughlin
812 Westchester

• mikespeed35
  • ACD Club Life Member
  • Registered
More
21 Oct 2008 03:48 #11616 by mikespeed35
Replied by mikespeed35 on topic Westchester W/S Wiper Questions
Like the new picture Henry. That woman off to your right must be a Dusey. Did your picture magicly get changed like mine did? By the way I had my starter armature growled and the fields tested and all is well with them. Delvied into the startex and found what might have been a pour connection between the disc and the heavy brass lugs from bat. to starter motor. I improved upon the connection and will just have to see if time bears out this correction.
CORDially Mike

Mike Huffman

More
21 Oct 2008 02:11 #11615 by hportz
Replied by hportz on topic wiper hose
Bill, The wiper hose has a tube connector fitting in the hose leading up the left windshield post & is located approximately behind the speaker. The straight through feeds the right motor (with a hose) & a 90 degree bend leads off this connector & with a hose goes back to the left motor . You may need to remove the speaker to access all this . Hope this helps . 31631F Henry

• Bill McLaughlin
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
20 Oct 2008 18:58 #11611 by Bill McLaughlin
Westchester W/S Wiper Questions was created by Bill McLaughlin
Have removed and rebuilt my Westchester wiper motors. Now, want to change the rubber vacuum lines.

The main vacuum line extends past the left wiper motor to apparently approx. the center of the car and then there is a returning vacuum line for the left motor.

Is there some sort of an exchanger (?) in the center which the main line runs into and then the 2 motor lines run out of ?

If so, how is this exchanger accessed (by removing the radio speaker in the headliner) ?

Thanks !

Bill McLaughlin
1937 Westcheater