Skip to main content

CORD 812 SUPERCHARGER PARTS DATABASE

More
09 Apr 2008 02:12 #9843 by Ohio AMX
Replied by Ohio AMX on topic CORD 812 SUPERCHARGER PARTS DATABASE
Sounds like a great resource, thanks for posting.

Scott Campbell
Medina, OH

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• cbsIII
  • Senior Forum User
  • Registered
More
09 Apr 2008 01:19 #9842 by cbsIII
Replied by cbsIII on topic CORD 812 SUPERCHARGER PARTS DATABASE
Slick.

"I work for the Auburn Automobile Company. I am not an automobile race car driver although I hold more world speed records than any other man in the world" -Ab Jenkins 1937
The following user(s) said Thank You: Martin01

More
08 Apr 2008 18:36 #9839 by alsancle
Replied by alsancle on topic CORD 812 SUPERCHARGER PARTS DATABASE
That's really cool.

• elliotta
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
08 Apr 2008 01:46 #9834 by elliotta
CORD 812 SUPERCHARGER PARTS DATABASE was created by elliotta
About nine years ago I bought an 812 Westchester that was originally supercharged from Walt Serviss in Glendale, CA. The SC motor was long gone, but I determined early on that when I restored the car I'd return the motor to its correct configuration. Starting with only a few SC parts (cam, distributor, & some exhaust pieces), I did it, but in the process I found out just how hard it is to identify and then obtain the required parts. The SC cars use different blocks, ignitions, cams, timing chains, intake & exhaust manifolds, hoods, carbs, fenders, exhaust systems, and on and on..... Well over 100 separate different parts.

In order to try to help other 810/812 owners who need to either repair or rebuild their SC motors or (heaven forbid) create a SC motor from scratch, I have created a database of 812 supercharger parts. Included therein are parts descriptions, original Cord part numbers (where possible), and source(s) of each part if it is currently available. Comments containing other information that may be of help are sometimes included. At the bottom of the database is a list of the suppliers' names and contact information.

You can find the database (in the form of an Excel spreadsheet converted to pdf format) at:
www-personal.si.umich.edu/~jillh ... 032908.pdf

PLEASE NOTE: No prices are listed - intentionally. It is up to you to contact the suppliers and determine whether their prices are reasonable and/or competitive. Also, neither I nor the ACD Club endorse or guarantee the quality or availability of the parts. The rule is Buyer Beware. Again, you must assess the reliability of the suppliers.

I intend to maintain this database as long as I can. I welcome any help - comments, corrections, additions, deletions, edits. The more the better. So far I have included anyone who has any SC parts and is willing to be listed. The only exceptions are suppliers who have been consistently unable to deliver the parts they advertise (and sometimes take payment for).

The more you participate in this effort, the better it will be. If you have any knowledge of additional sources, even if you are not sure of all of the details or their accuracy, please contact me. I'll be glad to do the research. Contact me with any of your input at:
<a href="mailto:[email protected]][email protected][/url]

Proprietor of the Cord Supercharger Parts Database