Skip to main content

S/c

• Mark Tomei
  • Registered
More
12 Mar 2008 07:30 #9662 by Mark Tomei
Replied by Mark Tomei on topic S/c
Hi Folks. It seems to me that with a total of 2,972 cars ever built, that we are talking about shades of rare, rarer and rarest. With Corvettes on the other hand, the numbers are a staggering 186,981 units from the 1953 introduction through 1967, arguably the last collectible model year. If these guys didn't become nutcases about numbers, I am sure there would be 6 million of the finest examples of these same 187,000 ever built around today. Given the complication that Cord renumbered late 1936 cars and regularly accepted cars back at the factory to add later production enhancements, I have to agree with Pat that the numbers thing is a bit of a non event. It is not likely that we will see people knocking off complete SC engines and passing them off as original all that soon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Pat Leahy
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
11 Mar 2008 17:27 #9656 by Pat Leahy
S/c was created by Pat Leahy
Since the debate goes on George, I will throw my 2 cents worth in. It is my impression from many in the club that an all original/numbers matching car is not as importatnt as in cars like Corvettes. My fist car, a S/C Custom Beverly has the orignal components such as engine, frame, body (although heavily damaged once), S/C, transmission, and other components. The former owner Ray Cloud had a number of people who wanted the car for the desirable late drive train. He refused to sell to these, knowing the fate would be cannibalizing a nice sedan. My thoughts are that in the ACD Club the value of an orignal S/C vs. a built up S/C car would be 5% or less. Are 1936 810's built into 1937 812's with blowers decieving the public and buyer's?

Pat Leahy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.