Skip to main content

1937 Cord 812 Roadster in Russia

• IBarantsev
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
10 Mar 2008 13:12 #9643 by IBarantsev
Replied by IBarantsev on topic 1937 Cord 812 Roadster in Russia

mikespeed35 wrote: Hi Ivan, Welcome to the ACD Club website. The Club has many things to offer members and you would be our first Russian member. I would like to invite you to join. Are there any L-29 Cords in Russia that you know of?
CORDially Mike

Hi, Mike!

As for L-29 I can say you that only one such car was in Russia in the thirties. It was the car of Innokentiy Khalepsky, one of the high standing commander of Red Army. He was the head of automobile department in Red Army and later the minister of connection.
The luxurious cars was his love and passion. In the thirties he changed many cars: Isotta-Fraschini Tipo 8A, Cadillac V16, Packard Eight and Twelve, Cord-L29, Franklin, Lincoln KB12, Duesenberg and others. In 1937 Khalepsky was accused of fascist conspiracy and in 1938 executed by shooting. Neither of his cars didn`t spare.

Ivan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• mikespeed35
  • ACD Club Life Member
  • Registered
More
09 Mar 2008 04:27 #9631 by mikespeed35
Replied by mikespeed35 on topic 1937 Cord 812 Roadster in Russia
Hi Ivan, Welcome to the ACD Club website. The Club has many things to offer members and you would be our first Russian member. I would like to invite you to join. Are there any L-29 Cords in Russia that you know of?
CORDially Mike

Mike Huffman

• balinwire
  • Premium Forum User
  • Registered
More
08 Mar 2008 17:56 #9623 by balinwire
Replied by balinwire on topic 1937 Cord 812 Roadster in Russia
Hi, Welcome. Very nice coupe. I visited your website, license plate revealed clue!
Click address below to view, translation needed...
www.lehn.ru/auto.phtml?p_type=75

• IBarantsev
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
08 Mar 2008 12:57 #9622 by IBarantsev
1937 Cord 812 Roadster in Russia was created by IBarantsev
Hello!

Last year one of supercharged Cord-812 appeared in Russia. Here is some photos of it which I made for one of russian automotive magazine (I am not the owner, I am the journalist and photographer).

Cord`s owner ask me how she can send information about her car to the club? Who keeps a register of Cord cars?

Best regards,
Ivan Barantsev