Skip to main content

Early ACD MEETS.

• cbsIII
  • Senior Forum User
  • Registered
More
14 Mar 2008 00:53 #9670 by cbsIII
Replied by cbsIII on topic Early ACD MEETS.
2nd Annual Tri Kappa show would have been 1970, based on the 2008 show being advertised as the 39th annual. Don't think there was an ACD Reunion in Auburn in '55, believe it kicked off in '56. You can probably trace it better by serial numbers, Ron is good resource, but who owned it from '60 on would be a good source of clues.

"I work for the Auburn Automobile Company. I am not an automobile race car driver although I hold more world speed records than any other man in the world" -Ab Jenkins 1937

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Barrie Sly
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
13 Mar 2008 23:26 #9669 by Barrie Sly
Replied by Barrie Sly on topic ACD meet
I have the history of my 812 from 1937 untill 1955, and from 1960 until present day.
When the car was sold in Connersville,in 1955, the new owner was taking the car to a show "up north" on his way home to Ohio.
The new owner had a disabled arm, and the car was driven by his friend, and I was hoping that this car show would be 1955.so that I can fill in the missing years by tracing this owner.

• Tom Georgeson
  • Registered
More
09 Mar 2008 19:22 #9637 by Tom Georgeson
Replied by Tom Georgeson on topic Who owned your car
You should contact Ron Irwin, his address is on the back of the front page of the Newsletter. He has much informtion on prior owners of Cords.

• Barrie Sly
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
07 Mar 2008 23:53 #9616 by Barrie Sly
Early ACD MEETS. was created by Barrie Sly
I have found a card titled 2nd Annual Antique show and sale,in conjunction with Auburn Cord and Dduesenderg Annual reunion.
Auburn,Ind.- 'Fairgrounds' Sept. 4-5. 10-10 Sat. 11-8 Sun.
Bob Eaton, Mgr.Bringhurst,Ind.46913.
Sponsored by TRI KAPPA Sorority donation.
Can anyone help with the year? and any more details. as I believe that my black 812 rhd phaeton was there,and I need to know who was the owner at the time.