Skip to main content

Stromberg EE-14, is it good for the 810?

More
01 Jun 2013 12:39 #25303 by Jazzman
Replied by Jazzman on topic stromberg 97
Amen Brad!!

I have heard there are 29,816 parts to one of these cords. Most of mine came ups..... and didn't fit

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• silverghost
  • Premium Forum User
  • Registered
More
30 May 2013 17:31 #25262 by silverghost
Replied by silverghost on topic Stromberg EE-14, is it good for the 810?
TOM~
An old friend of mine Chuck Cantwell , who once was a suspension engineer & test engineer/ driver for Carroll Shelby during the Cobra and GT-350-500 mustang era , once said to me that the old Stromberg 97 was really only a controlled fuel dripper & Fuel leaker that only acted somewhat like a simple crude carburetor !

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. BRAD HUNTER Huntingdon Valley Pa/Ocean City NJ 215 947 4676 Engineer & RE Developer Brass & Classic Auto, Antique Boat, Mechanical Automatic Music Machine, & Jukebox Collector

• Tom Georgeson
  • Registered
More
30 May 2013 17:25 #25260 by Tom Georgeson
Replied by Tom Georgeson on topic E14 Carb
When rebuilding my EE15 carb I use a rebuild kit for a Stromberg 97 which was used on early model Ford V-8's. The gaskets are the same and other pieces work plus it comes with a float setting gauge. I also use a low pressure electric piston type fuel pump (2.5-4.0 PSI). It is made by Airtex Products, their part # is E8902. You'll probably have to order it from their web sire as most part stores don't stock it.

• silverghost
  • Premium Forum User
  • Registered
More
30 May 2013 07:16 #25256 by silverghost
Replied by silverghost on topic Stromberg EE-14, is it good for the 810?
Mike makes a good point about excessive fuel pressures lifting the float's needle valve off it's seat~
Are you using an add-on extra electric fuel pump ?

I find this issue all the time resulting in overly rich fuel/air & delivery. The carb may just be flooding slightly from the float's needle valve assembly.
Can you re-lap in the float's needle & seat assembly for a better sure positive shut-off seal ?

I am not really familar with this exact carb~~~
Are there internal removable fuel main jets, or some sort of jet step-up rods, in this carb that you might be able to swap-out & install slightly smaller size & lower flow fuel size jets ?

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. BRAD HUNTER Huntingdon Valley Pa/Ocean City NJ 215 947 4676 Engineer & RE Developer Brass & Classic Auto, Antique Boat, Mechanical Automatic Music Machine, & Jukebox Collector

• mikespeed35
  • ACD Club Life Member
  • Registered
More
30 May 2013 04:46 #25253 by mikespeed35
Replied by mikespeed35 on topic Stromberg EE-14, is it good for the 810?
My understanding is mixture screws only effect idle. Once the carb. moves out of the idle circut they have minimal effect. More likley fuel presure too high , float set improperly. etc. As a rule of thumb the floot should be level in the bowl if no specs. exist. Just a L-29 and Auburn guys two cents.
CORDially Mike

Mike Huffman

• 1748 S
  • Platinum Forum User
  • Registered
More
30 May 2013 03:17 #25252 by 1748 S
Replied by 1748 S on topic Stromberg EE-14, is it good for the 810?
Look at the last sentance of the balinwire post. He spoke of turning in the mixture screws till they stop. Then back them out1 3/8th turns. Hope this helps you get the carb set properly.

• Aris Loumidis
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
27 May 2013 17:57 #25225 by Aris Loumidis
Replied by Aris Loumidis on topic Re: model 120 carburetor

balinwire wrote: Hi Aris,
I ran the 14 with success. it is a Packard from 36-38. It has the vacuum piston that the EE 16 lacks. I have a EE 15 base that I was going to mate with the 14 body and except for the electric choke I think the body is pretty close, mine ran fine with a manual choke.
The idle system jets, the float level and the power pump seem the same and the fuel inlet is on the left side.
The venturi is 1 1/32" and that is the same as the 15.
It also has the four hole flange that works with the Cord manifold.
There are some minor tuning adjustments between the 35-6-7's EE-14's. I just close the mixture screw's to stop and open 1 and 3/8 turns till it idles smoothly.

Hi again balinwire,
I tried the EE-14 on the 810, it runs well in idle and on the road, the only problem is that the sparkplugs get fouled up with a lot of black carbon soot. You mention some minor tuning adjustments, can you please describe them for me?
Thanks ahead!

Aris Loumidis
Athens, Greece
ACD Life Member

• Aris Loumidis
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
08 Mar 2008 19:53 #9624 by Aris Loumidis
Replied by Aris Loumidis on topic Stromberg EE-14, is it good for the 810?
Thanks balinwire, your comments are most helpful!

Aris Loumidis
Athens, Greece
ACD Life Member

• balinwire
  • Premium Forum User
  • Registered
More
08 Mar 2008 00:19 #9617 by balinwire
Replied by balinwire on topic model 120 carburetor
Hi Aris,
I ran the 14 with success. it is a Packard from 36-38. It has the vacuum piston that the EE 16 lacks. I have a EE 15 base that I was going to mate with the 14 body and except for the electric choke I think the body is pretty close, mine ran fine with a manual choke.
The idle system jets, the float level and the power pump seem the same and the fuel inlet is on the left side.
The venturi is 1 1/32" and that is the same as the 15.
It also has the four hole flange that works with the Cord manifold.
There are some minor tuning adjustments between the 35-6-7's EE-14's. I just close the mixture screw's to stop and open 1 and 3/8 turns till it idles smoothly.

• Aris Loumidis
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
07 Mar 2008 16:11 #9614 by Aris Loumidis
Stromberg EE-14, is it good for the 810? was created by Aris Loumidis
I got this EE-14 from eBay apparently in good condition. Will it work well on the 810? Any ideas on what car/engine it was used on?

Aris Loumidis
Athens, Greece
ACD Life Member