Skip to main content

812 fender undercoating?

• Brad J.
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
05 Feb 2008 21:31 #9428 by Brad J.
Replied by Brad J. on topic 812 fender undercoating?
When I received the car the undercarriage was completed. It's done in a nice satin schultz black. This would be acceptable to me since it's a shame to take a nice finish and slobber some asphalt based coating that is harder to keep clean compared to a smoother finish. What I'd do doesn't matter though so how hard are the judges on underside appearances? The rest of the car has the proper coatings everywhere and Elliott the owner is a fanatic about what part has what coating. I'm pretty sure he's going to have the car judged this fall at the meet. Thanks for any opinions or info.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Pat Leahy
  • Registered
More
05 Feb 2008 18:02 #9427 by Pat Leahy
Replied by Pat Leahy on topic Undercoating
The 810/812 Cords were indeed undercoated inside the fenders. Basically everything on the underside was undercoated from the factory.

Pat Leahy

• Brad J.
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
05 Feb 2008 02:15 #9419 by Brad J.
812 fender undercoating? was created by Brad J.
Hello,
I'm painting a club members 812 Beverly and went to the museum today for some research. I noticed all the Cords have undercoat underneath the front and rear fenders. Would this be the correct coating on a proper car? As a painter undercoat always ruins a perfectly good paint job in my opinion. I suppose it makes it easier though. The car will be cadet Grey with a dark blue interior. My thanks goes out to Matt Short for the personal tour and letting me fondle the cars. Much appreciation for any help, Brad Janousek.